Part 6

~~~Macy's POV~~~

After Marcella left the room I turned to my brother. "Now sister, before you say anything I had nothing to do with those boys," his hands were up in surrender.

"It was that Beta of yours. And that Beta was stalking my daughter, tell me you weren't a part of that either." I glared heavily at him.

"At first, no." I looked him in the eyes with calm eyes now, but I was far from it. My wolf wanted to tear him to shreds.

"At. First? You see my daughter, your niece as a threat? A human?" Now my anger was brewing, but I would not show it. People fear my calm anger than my loud anger more.

"You know I have to take every warning into account, even a human. But the Beta did bring up a good point, she could be something else. And that necklace she wears? It's a protection necklace from the shadow people. Those disgusting monsters are protecting her, why?"

"Maybe because they see that you can't protect a human in your own pack. They aren't all monsters John! One came to me as a child, before dad was corrupted. It was a woman and she protected me from those rogues that broke into our house. Remember that? You guys left me in that house alone with rouges, and if it weren't for that woman I'd be dead,"

"Dad went back in for you! Don't say we left you alone," he growled out, dangerously close to shifting.

"Dad rushed you and mom out of the house, and didn't come for me until after the rouges had gotten to the house. That woman saved me and you still see them as evil beings. Maybe the ones that corrupted dad were evil, but that doesn't mean all of them are. Wolves killed Marcella's family, it's a wonder she doesn't hate us all." My eyes had shifted, I knew from the worried looks my mate was sending me. Thank God he had the common sense to stay out of this.

"He loved you as much as me and mom and you know it. He was a good man until those monsters turned him against us." I could see his wolf taking control.

"Why can't you understand dad never loved me the same as you? You were his pride and joy, and I was a disappointment to him. He always told me I was never enough, he let those rouges get to me. He didn't come running into my room, he walked. Walked! That woman came again when they were corrupting dad and kept him from beating me."

"He would never! He ran into the house to save you."

"No John, he walked into that room and when he saw me alive he paled. He sneered at me, but the woman stood between him and me. She carried me out of there, not dad. He turned and ran to you and mom, but I was never jealous of you. I was glad he didn't care about me, that meant I didn't have to be perfect. Leave my daughter alone, I won't have her stalked because a shadow person is protecting her." My anger came in full force then, my glare hardened, my wolf scratching at her barriers to get to him. I looked him straight in his eyes as I spoke, but because I had Alpha blood in me it meant my wolf was challenging his. "Get out of my house." I composed myself once again becoming a cauldron of brewing anger.

"I am the Alpha, you will not tell me what to do," was he really trying to start a war he won't win?

"Get. Out. Or challenge me to a fight for dominance." I glared at him as I said this, challenging him mentally.

"I didn't want it to come to this but if you so wish, I challenge you Macy Varulv to a fight for dominance." I broke a little internally, but refused to let it show.

"You're just like father," I said as I passed him on my way outside. We would have to take this to the center of the town so Marcella wouldn't hear it. "Let's go brother,"