Hidden Reality - Finale

"Hello Rebecca."
"Mother... I've missed you so much!"
"I've missed you too, Rebecca."
I squeeze her with all my might, and she hugs me back.
"I just came to say 'Hello.'"
"I love you so much, Mother!" I cry.
"Listen, Rebecca. Something is coming. Something that only you can control. Be wise, my little girl." She whispers to my ear.
She climbs back into her carriage.
"Wait! Mother! Come back!"
"It's going to be okay, Rebecca." She replies calmly."
"Mother!" I scream.
I was snapped back into reality.
A small beeping played in my ear, and I heard carts rolling here and there. I tried turning my head, but a pain so great filled my neck that I yelped. Suddenly, a man in a white coat and teal mask rushed in.
"She's awake."
A few other people sharing the same appearance enter. They poke and pull at me and overwhelm me with questions. Which none of them I answered. I just lay still and wait.

~~3 Weeks Later~~

I'd finally gained enough strength to get out of the bed. I could roll around the hospital in a wheelchair, which I hated. I missed the time before Mother died; the time when she would take me to the park and I would run around. Freely. My hand had to be amputated, so all there was was a tightly bandaged stump. Both of my legs were broken and in casts. I could move, but hardly. The nurses fed me small amounts of food that grew everyday. Despite my extreme hunger, I understood. My body could not handle large amounts yet. I had not yet any information about my father or his condition, but I hoped he was okay. Even though he'd beaten and starved me, I still loved him, because he was my father. I knew that no matter how big of a mistake I made, he would still love me, so I had to love him back. Whatever the mistake I made was, I was sorry. I just wanted to be with him and Mother. I suddenly had a deep longing to be with Father. I needed to know where he was. I wheeled over to the door, and look at the hallway. I was not supposed to leave my room, but this was urgent. I cautiously moved through the door, and into the Waiting Room. To my surprise, the woman-the one that saved me- sat there. She looked up at me and smiled.
"Hello," she greeted.
"Hi," I answered. "I'm sorry. You saved my life and I don't even know your name."
"Oh that's fine, sweetheart. It's Linda," she replied kindly. "And yours?"
"Rebecca Hill."
"You have a very pretty name," Linda said with a smile.
"Thank you."
There was a silence.
"Do you... Happen to know what happened to my father?" I questioned shyly.
Her warm smile turned into a frown, and a single tear fell from her cheek. "Your father..." She choked. "Your father isn't here. Apart from his abuse, he killed several families... Who lived in the neighborhood."
"Well, what happened?" I asked, worried.
Her lip trembled and she started to sob. "The sentence for your father... was death."
That was the moment I snapped.
I'm not sure what happened after that, but I do know that I'm in a very nice place with very nice friends! A sweet lady named Ms. Erica takes care of me along with several other kids. I headed out to the playground and to my surprise, stood the boy I met a few weeks ago. I ran to him and gave him a huge hug! He hugged me back.
"I told you I'd see you again," he said softly.
I just smiled and hugged him longer. After what seemed like forever, he whispered in my ear:
"I believe you can."
"Believe I can... What?" I ask, puzzled.
"Fly," Jered replies calmly.
I instantly know what he means, so I nod. He takes my hand and guides me to a long flight of stairs. We climb those stairs until we reach the very top of the building. I continue to walk, but I'm yanked back.
"I'm too weak to fly. But I believe you can," he breathes, tears rising in his eyes.
I felt tears build up, so I smiled to stop them. He let go of my hand, and I walked. All by myself. I breathed in the fresh country air. Perfect for flight. I heard multitudes of voices screaming from the endless stairs. But they're behind me.
"I have to do this on my own," I whispered to them.
My feet found the edge of the building, and I saw Mother, ready to catch me if I fell. I smiled at her.

And I flew.

~The End~