Book 1 Air

It had been three weeks since the end of the Equalist Revolution and everything had settled back to normal in Republic City. Bumi and General Iroh were staying on Air Temple Island to supervise the United Nations forces that were busy helping with the rebuild. Team Avatar had been very busy in the last three weeks as well.

Mako had joined the Police force to help Lin with capturing the remaining equalists and other escaped criminals. Bolin was busy trying to get the Fire Ferrets up and running again with a new team, but he was seeing little success. Asami was left to deal with the aftermath of her father's actions and was stuck trying to save her company from bankruptcy and Korra...well Korra had to deal with both Airbending training AND restoring the bending of everyone who had fallen victim to Amon.

Korra was sitting in the dining room of the temple after a hard day's work, trying to recuperate some of her lost energy. Just as she was about to nod off, Pema came in with dinner, followed soon after by her children and husband.

"Hey Korra! We missed you at training. Did you help more people today?" Jinora asked as she sat down beside Korra.

"Yup, I helped over 200 people and now I fell like my arms are going to fall off!" Korra complained. Tenzin smiled at her warmly.

"You've been working very hard these last few weeks, I'm proud of you Korra. You could use a day off, why not go out with the Fire Ferret brothers or Asami?" Tenzin said. Korra blinked at him, it was rare that Tenzin would let her have a day off, but she knew she had earned it.

"I would but Lin's been sending Mako on more and more assignments so he's booked up for the next month, Bolin only has another week to get his team ready for the next Pro-bending match and Asami hasn't really been speaking to me since the revolution." Korra said sadly, missing her only female friend.

Pema frowned at hearing that, hoping a positive female influence would help make Korra act more like a girl. "Why haven't you been speaking?" she asked.

Korra looked down ashamedly. "Ever since Mako and I got together, she's been kind of...off with me. She said she was happy for us and we all said we'd stay friends but I guess it didn't work out that way."

"What you need to do is go over to Asami's home and try and make amends. I tried to do the same with Lin but well...she's Lin. Asami is more open minded and if you're earnest with her, I'm sure she'd understand and you can reconcile." Pema advised. Tenzin suddenly realised that Pema had been acting as Korra's love couch and slapped his hand against his face. No wonder it had been such a disaster!

Korra smiled and thanked Pema before wolfing down her dinner and running out the door. She hopped on Naga and sped off towards the ferry to take her to the city.

Next stop: Asami's Manor!

It was almost eight in the evening when Asami's butler entered her study to report the arrival of the Avatar. Asami snapped her head away from the papers she was reading and hurried out of the room, her raven hair bouncing as she quickly walked to the waiting area by the front door. Asami still wore the same leather jacket and skirt that she had always worn, just as Korra was still dressed in her water tribe outfit. The moment Asami clapped eyes on Korra, who smiled nervously at her, a hundred different thoughts ran through Asami's mind.

Part of her was happy to see her friend come to visit her, another part was angry that the girl who had stolen her boyfriend had just showed up on her door step. Ultimately, the more rational part of her won the inner argument and Asami put on a friendly smile.

"Good Evening Korra. How are you?" she said politely. Korra felt a little awkward after hearing Asami's almost business like tone.

"I'm fine. I came over to talk to you...it's kind of important. Can we go somewhere private?" Korra asked, feeling nervous, especially since a couple of servants were running around and she could feel their eyes on her. Asami nodded politely and led Korra up the stairs to her bedroom. Korra gasped at the sight of it; it was huge, almost the four times the size of Korra's room and it had huge wooden wardrobes and a four poster bed in the centre of the room. Asami sat down on the foot of her bed and looked to Korra.