chapter one

jimin wasn't sure this would end very well.

long story short; jimin was an angel. full blown angel of the lord, wings and all. he always had been, ever since he was born, or at least for as long as he could remember. they say you just get chosen one day and suddenly you're an angel. but he could never actually fulfill anything that angels were destined to do until he reached the prime age of sixteen. now, at the age of nineteen, he was pretty well experienced. he knew all the rules, the do's and dont's, the protocols, practically everything in the book.

so, with that being said, he knew that he was certainly not supposed to get close with a human. but somehow, he did. his name was kim taehyung, and he was jimins best (and only) friend. jimin had met him on his first mission when he was almost seventeen, young and eager to please. he had been ordered to monitor taehyung's dreams, that being one of the of the angels duties. they had to try and make sure everyones dreams were pleasant. key word try. they didn't always get to everybody. at one point taehyung had woken up and caught jimin standing in his room so naturally he came up with a probably terrible lie as to why he was there, and the rest was history.

anyways, now jimin had to do something he knows he really, really shouldn't do. taehyung was recently in a severe accident, and jimin being an angel and all, knew that he would die soon. there was no denying the fact that taehyungs time was running out. most people thought that the living and the dead were all the responsibility of the angels and the heavens, but they were wrong. only keeping track of the living was up to the angels. but the dead was a whole other story.

now, jimin had come down to the mortal world to visit his best friend in the hospital. the other angels would not be happy if they knew about this, so he kept it to himself. since taehyung didn't actually know jimin was an angel, and no one did really, he had to stuff his big, white wings into a huge coat which was rather uncomfortable and made him look quite odd to the human eye. but he dealt with it, because thats what he had to do to see taheyung. and thats all he really wants.

"hey, tae." jimins angelic voice rang through the silent hospital room, his charcoal colored eyes on taehyung. it physically hurt jimins heart to see taehyung with all of those ugly tubes stuck in his arms. he didn't deserve this, taehyung was more of an angel than jimin would ever be. "i wish you could talk to me." jimin sniffled slightly as he took a seat on the chair beside the hospital bed, adjusting the jacket on his back. "but don't worry. you're going to be okay. i'll make sure of it." and as jimin took taehyungs limp hand in his, he really hoped that tae could hear him. because this was a promise he would make sure he kept.

jimin sat with taehyung for another couple of hours, telling him about his day and trying his best to pretend that taehyung wasnt in a coma, and he was perfectly fine and talking right back to him. when jimin finally started to get rather sad again, realizing that taehyung (of course) wasn't actually talking back, he decided he needed some fresh air and bid goodbye to taehyungs seemingly sleeping figure for now.

he sat on a bench a few blocks away from the hospital, and just relaxed for a little while. he was tired, and his wings ached immensely from being stuffed into his jacket, so resting was definitely doing him some good. after a while, he started to think about the plan he had to devise in order to help taehyung. sure, jimin was an angel, but he wasnt a miracle worker, and angels couldn't just give people life again without any consequences.'i know exactly what i have to do.' he thought to himself after a few minutes of intense thinking and debating.

"i- i have to make a deal with the devil." he whispered into the chilly air around him, lips barely moving as he uttered the words. jimins heart thumped loudly in his chest.

//

a/n hey guys ! new book ! well its actually a short story ! and if talk of the 'antichrist' bothers you in any way, please feel free to not read this ! anyways, i hope you like it so far!

lots of love, namjoon1994 !