Peter Pan

Armin rested his face in his hands, his elbows propped against the windowsill. He felt numb, he couldn't believe this was real. He wanted to just wake up and for this to all be a terrible dream.

His parents were dead, and now his Grandpa was gone too. He was all alone. His eyes stung as he felt tears slip down his cheeks. He had no one.

He closed his eyes but the tears kept coming, he hiccuped and sobbed and sniffled uncontrollably, the night breeze blowing his hair gently.

"Why are you crying?"

Armin looked up in surprise. "Hello? Is someone there?" His words filled the silence. No response.

Out of the darkness, two bright golden eyes popped up from outside the window. The eyes looked at him intently.
"What are you crying about?" He asked again. The boy's face became fully visible, he was smiling.

"I was crying because I don't have a family anymore." Armin replied, sorrowfully.
The boy stopped smiling and looked at him in concern.
"Did they adandon you?" He asked casually.

"W-what no! I mean... Not really." He replied. "How are you out there anyways? Did you climb?" Armin asked.

The boy grinned again, "I flew."
Armin blinked. "What? That's impossible!"
The boy laughed, "Nothing is impossible, silly! See, I'll show you!" The boy disappeared for a moment and reappeared, his silhouette against the moon, golden eyes sparkling.

Armin gasped. He really was flying, he couldn't believe his eyes. The boy laughed wildly and flew in a loop-de-loop. The boy flew into the window, past Armin and lowered himself onto Armin's bedroom floor.

"So what's your name?" The boy asked.
"Armin. Armin Arlert." He stuttered out.
The boy nodded. "I'm Eren. No last name. But some of the Lost Boys call me Peter Pan."

"What are Lost Boys?" Armin asked in awe.
"The Lost Boys are my family, we live in Neverland. Neverland is the best place, you never have to grow up. Not ever never. We go on adventures and kill lots of Titans." His eyes got wide and he grinned.
Armin frowned. "Why do you have to kill them? Can't you just leave them alone?"
Eren just shrugged.

"Anyways, why are you here Eren?" Armin asked.
Eren thought for a moment. "Well, the boys wanted to hear how that fairytale ends. The one about the glass slipper. I overheard your Grandpa telling you about it."

"You mean Cinderella? Well, the prince finds her glass slipper and goes all around, looking for the girl who it fits on. And when he puts it on Cinderella it fits. He takes her to her castle and they live happily ever after." Armin says, matter-of-factly.

"Oh boy! I've gotta go tell the boys!" Eren got to his feet, and ran to the window.
"Wait!" Armin cried out, and grabbed Eren's wrist.
Eren looked back, confused.

Armin looked up at Eren. "Can I come too? I-I can tell you more stories, like Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty, and Little Red Riding Hood! And I can see, and cook and clean and oh! Please take me with you!" Armin pleaded.

Eren looked at Armin in awe. "You can do that? Wow! What do you think, Mikasa? Can he come?" He said, opening his pocket and talking down to it.
"Who are you talking to?" Armin giggled.
"This is Mikasa, she's my fairy." Eren said as a fairy with cold eyes and black hair the same length as his flew out of Eren's pocket.

The fairy sat on Eren's shoulder, inspecting Armin thoroughly before nodding curtly.
Eren laughed, "Oh yes! Mikasa says you can come! Let's go!"

Mikasa pinched Eren's ear and cleared her throat.
"Oh yeah, I forgot! I have to teach you to fly now!"
Armin's eyes widened, he could do that?

"Okay so hmm... Think of the most pleasant things." He said.
"Like pancakes?" Armin asked.
"No, no, even better than that!" Eren insisted.

Armin tapped his chin. "Hmm, how about fields of flowers, rain puddles, library books, and presents?"
Eren nodded, "Perfect! Now time for fairy dust!" He reached into a smal pouch, getting a handful of something.

Eren threw it onto Armin, the silvery dust glimmered and Armin felt himself feel lighter. He looked down, his feet were no longer touching the ground.
"I-I did it!" He exclaimed. "I can fly!"

Eren grinned. "That's the spirit, Armin! Beleive in yourself!"
Armin giggled and twirled in the air.
"I'm really doing it! Oh wow!"

Eren flew up to look at the blonde boy. "Armin, let's go home, okay? Neverland is waiting."
Armin nodded and smiled, his big blue eyes sparkling. "Let's go home."

Eren intertwined his small hand with Armin's and the two ascended out of the window, into the night sky. Giggling filled the air as the stars guided them and the moon smiled down at the two.