Chapter 1

I wake up to my ringtone. "Ugh, is it already six?" I think and look at the clock. It is six, but it felt earlier somehow. I click a button on the side of my phone to make the ringing stop. I force myself out of bed and shuffle to the bathroom. I then do my morning routine and am ready for breakfast in five minutes. 

Dad is asleep on the couch; he must have had a late night, because he's still in his work dress. I make myself some toast and turn the TV on. After I finish my first piece my phone beeps. I open it up and look at the screen, it's a text from Tamaki. Even after our relationship failed he still wanted to be friends. "Have fun on your first day as a senior :) -Tamaki". I don't reply and finish my toast. 

I click off the TV, grab my school bag, slip my shoes on, and walk out the door. I look over the balcony and see a convertible out front, there are two red-headed boys in the front two seats. "Those guys" I say to myself and chuckle. I walk down the stairs and wave to the guys, "Hikaru! Kaoru! Why are you here?". "We thought we'd come pick you up on your first day of school" Kaoru replied with a smile. I hopped in the back seat and Hikaru started the car. 

"So, how does it feel to be a senior?" Hikaru asked. "It feels about the same as it did when I first started at Ouran, scary but awesome". Hikaru and Kaoru laughed in unison as we drove off. On the way to school we did some talking but not much. 

When we finally made it to school, there were already many kids there. "Hey, wait up, Haruhi", Hikaru said. I slowed a little so he could catch up. "I just wanted to see what classes we had together", he said with a smile. As he looked down the list I watched his eyes; they looked as if he was excited, which probably meant that we shared some classes. "Impressive, we've got all the same classes". Hikaru let out a chuckle and smiled at me. "Great", I think as we walk, "A whole year with this guy".