Chapter 2 : Trapped

Reece - P.O.V

I woke to an unsettling realization, I wasn't in my room, and what happened wasn't a dream.

Mason was gone.
                            ......forever.

Dragging myself out of the gutter, I took in my surroundings. I was in a concrete room, more like a cell, the ceiling rose up at least two stories. There was a small barred "window" staring directly ahead, next to it in the corner was a desk with a chair.

Across from that to my right was a flight of stairs, leading to an iron door. On the side of the stairs was a sink with a mirror, accompanied by a toilet.

Without hesitation I jumped up and ripped the table away from the wall, sliding it beneath the window and jumped on top. I began pulling at the bars frantically, the cold steal seeping into my skin.

If I could just get one loose, the opening might be small, but I could squeeze myself through.

After about fifteen minutes of positioning myself every-which way and my hands began to burn, I gave up. Frustrated I punched the wall, hopped down and began pacing. Finally I stopped, turned around and looked back at the corner. Plan-B.

Grabbing the chair, I turned it over and began pulling. I gradually got one of the metal legs to give way. After crashing backwards, I jumped up in triumph.

Ran back to the window and began my plan. If I can't find a way through it, I'll just go around it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hours of trying to break through the wall, it finally crumbled. I could see the outside. It was dark out, and yet I felt like I was seeing the sun for the first time. Freedom.

With a new sense of rejuvenation, I bashed in the wall, only to come into contact with something else. Another bar. My heart sank, this can't be happening. With urgency I stuck the chair leg in between the bar and the wall, and pried. The concrete came tumbling down, and there it was, another bar.

The walls were reinforced, I wasn't in a room.

I was in a cage.

Suddenly exasperated, I slid off the desk and slumped to the floor. Bringing my knees to my chest, a thought zipped across my mind.

If they want to treat my like an animal, than I'll give them one.

And there's no animal more dangerous, then when it's cornered.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I haven't been active for...... Well, a very Long time!! I know it's short, I just wanted to put something out real fast. Hope you can for give me.... Plz!!🙏🏽. ? No? Mmm, darn. Anyway please stay tuned, and I apologize. I still have no idea where this is going. Bye!