Chapter 1

You were walking through a forest, a beautiful one at that. The green canopy shielded the Sun's intense rays of heat. Wildflowers dotted the ground in clumps, while bushes were there background. You came upon a old log, although dead, still held a unique beauty to it.

You sat on it, catching your breath, for you had been walking a long time. You glanced around at the still silence surrounding you. No wind tossed the grass or trees. No animals disturbed the peaceful silence. At least not yet.

Loud rustles erupted behind you. You jumped up, backing away slowly. A boy stumbled from the bushes. His black hair hung in his face with three white stripes on one side. "That's odd," you thought to yourself, "I've never seen that before." He glanced up at you, his striking yellow eyes shimmering. He wore a suit with a shinigami sitting on his chest.

He stood up, brushed himself off, and held his hand out. You reached your own to his, shaking it. "My apologies miss. I didn't mean to startle you." he smiled at you, causing you blush slightly. "No problem. It's hard to be quiet here." He shook his head. "Nonsense darling. My fault for making such a ruckus." You simply grinned at him.

"Oh, where are my manners?! My name is Death the Kid, but feel free to call me Kid. And what may I call you madam?" he raised your hand to his lips, making you turn into a tomato-strawberry hybrid. "Uhh," you cleared your throat, "My name is Y/N L/N, but you can call me N/N." He smiled. "What a lovely name. Now, if you don't mind, may I have this dance?" He bowed and you blushed.

"To what would we dance to?" you asked him whilst putting your hand on his shoulder. "Why to the nature around us. The wind, the animals, and to beauty, though I doubt they can compare to that of yours." He put his hand on your waist, pulling you closer. He stepped to the side, you followed. He stepped backwards, you followed once again.

You were so caught up in him that when your alarm clock jarred you awake, you could've sworn he was real. "Dang it!" You had been having that dream for two months now, each one more vivid then the last. You grumbled as you swung your legs over your bed. You walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

(^ω^)

You gathered your H/C hair into a braid throwing it over your shoulder. You walked to the kitchen, hoping at least a small remainder of breakfast was left. Your mother was busily washing the dishes. "Morning mom." You said sleepily. The shower hadn't woken you up completely. "Hey sweetheart." She placed a kiss on your forehead.

"Sorry honey, there's no more breakfast. Your father and David finished it up pretty fast." You groaned. David being your older brother, always thought that since he was the first-born deserved some special treatment. You hated him at times, but he was still your brother. "I could make you something if you like?" Your mother, although she didn't say it, liked you more than David, so she often gave you more than you needed.

"It's okay Mom, I can just eat a granola bar." She nodded and grabbed one for you. Your dad walked in, dressed for work. "Hey sweetie. Ready to go?" You nodded as David walked in as well.

"Can we go? I was late last time and my professor was not happy." he grumbled. You rolled your eyes. "If you didn't talk to your girlfriend before class, you wouldn't be late." you said with a hint of sass. "Well..,if you had social skills you might actually get a date." you laughed and punched his arm.

"That was so lame that some guy in Korea is probably laughing at you." He laughed as well. "Come on kids! Let's go!" Your dad had already made to the car. You and David raced to the car to see who would get the front seat. He won, like always.

(^ω^)

You walked in the huge double doors of your high school. You glanced and saw your friends by there lockers. Lucky them, they had lockers right next to each other. "Hey, Y/N! Over here!" You smiled and rushed over.

"Hey, Vivian, Courtney." Vivian grinned, her raven locks shining. She blinked her large light-green eyes. Courtney was the opposite of Vivian. She was dark, serious and rarely smiled. She did have beautiful hair though. Dark caramel curls that contrasted well with her deep blue eyes.

A school bell rung, signaling the start of class. "Shoot! Bye guys! Come on N/N!" You rushed down the hall, being pulled along by Vivian. You two weren't late, which was a relief. The teacher was über strict and hated tardy students.

(*spongebob guy* one hour later)

"Alright children, we have a transfer student." (Was the only one who read it in an annoying voice?) She pushed her glasses up. "Umm...a Death the Kid? Strange name, but no matter. Come out Mr. Kid." You gasped at the name, you were even more surprised that the boy from your dream walked in the classroom.

-TBC-