Chapter 8

Chapter 8

3 Months Later

It's been a good 3 months. Nathan and I have gotten closer and we aren't together yet because we are taking it slowly still but there's the occasional make out or feel up. Okay we make out like about every day. He's a phenomenal kisser. We spend a lot of time together still and one of us is always at the others place at the end of the day.

We are still going to class but today is our last day. Yesterday was spent making our great big last test meal and today we get to go over what our grades are and where we went wrong and how to improve. After our last meal I was pretty confident. We ended up with an A- only because she thought that the risotto needed an extra minute cooking. That was the only flaw she said it had.

Cole and I haven't spoken since that night he was over but as far as I know from word around he has cut back on work and focused on school and he graduates in just 2 more months.

I have actually also visited my parents recently. I never really go because of my schedule but a few months ago when Nathan and I were talking he said something about talking and visiting my parents more. I agreed that I do stay away too long. My mother met Nathan first and she said that he was "sexy as hell" were her exact words. She said if I didn't scoop him up that she'd divorce dad and run away with him. Nathan of course played along and said he'd love to run away with a woman with experience and it was a running joke now. I told my mother that Cole and I broke up but I didn't really go into depth about it. I really didn't want her getting all pissed off and threating him or anything. The situation was handled and over and so I just told her that we cared for each other but we weren't in love and we realized we were just better apart. I said we drifted apart a while ago and that our relationship had an expiration date from the start. None of it was a lie I just left out the fine details. My dad loved Nathan too, they thought we were dating and I was okay with that. I tried to explain it without too much detail what we were but my mother just said, "Oh so dating but no title." Which I guess is somewhat true. We went dates sort of but nothing really romantic. It was like two friends hanging out with making out at the end of the date at home. We were still treading lightly between the line of friendship and relationship. Nathan bless his heart was so patient with me but he honestly didn't mind any of it.

Georgia and I have hung out too and we were actually getting closer if that was possible since the whole Cole fiasco. She also met someone about a month ago and his name was Josh and he worked at an advertising company. She met him at the restaurant. He was a customer at the bar and he got drunk and she felt sorry for the guy so she called him a taxi when his friend wouldn't come get him. He hit on her and she thought he was cute and gave him her number and told him to call her when he was sober. So he did and they went on a date and the rest is history. She was pretty into him and they weren't exclusive but she was starting to really like him. She and Nathan got to see more of each other too since me and his saw each other daily.

The restaurant was about the same. I was hoping after my classes Greg would at least let me try out and apply for the cooking position. He hasn't said much too me in general and never brought it up. Maybe he just didn't think I was good enough but if he let me try I'd prove to him that I was just as good if not better than the current chef.

I was working today first and then off to the last day of class.

"Hey Georgia, can you grab the glasses in the kitchen. I'm redoing the glasses before happy hour starts?"

"Yeah sure. I'll get them now."

She comes back a minute later with a box and hands them to me. I start washing each glass and then putting them in the right spots.