Chapter Seven - Apologies

We arrived at Finn's a couple of minutes later. He didn't live very far from our school. His house was a huge prestigious-looking place. It was clear that his parents made money. He was usually always the one to throw parties and gatherings.

          "What do Finn's parents do, exactly?"

          We make our way to the front door. The house was tall and red, with brown bricks painting the exterior of the house. The two-door garage connected to the side of the house, made it seem all the fancier.

           "His father is an architect, and his mother runs her restaurant. Some fancy place in the main city area." Emma comes to a stop beside me at the front door.

           "Well, that explains why this house is so freaking huge and expensive-looking," Olivia huffs.

           She was right. It made sense as to why they had such a nice place. I would too if I were an architect.

           I knock on the door, waiting for someone to answer it. I could hear the music from outside the house and didn't even know if anyone could hear me knocking in the first place.

           "You're so polite sometimes." Emma brushes past me and opens the door walking in like she owns the place.

           It was so like her to just barge into someone's place.

           "Sorry, I like to knock and be invited in, instead of walking in like I own the damn house." I make a face at her.

           She laughs. "I wish I owned this. Someday I'll have a place like this."

           We could hear male laughter coming from the lounge room down the hall, and off to the right. I already knew the layout, having been here more than once before. When we walk into the room, what I saw took me off guard for a minute. Some of the guys were on the couch, and others huddled on the floor around the table.

           Many of the guys had a beer in hand or sitting beside them. They were in deep concentration, too focused on their game of Monopoly, to realize that we were in the room.

           "Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or what?" Emma blinks slowly and Olivia does the same.

           It was almost comical really. Here was a bunch of teenage guys who played football, slept around like it was going out of style, and they were huddled around playing a kids board game - Monopoly to be exact.

           "Nope, I'm seeing the same thing." I laugh.

           My laughter gains the attention of my brother, Luke and Mickey.

           "Hey, you guys finally decided to join the party."

           Mickey stands and drags me back to his spot on the floor. He pulls me down and sandwiches me between him and Luke. The girls take their spots among the guys.

           "Hey, pequeña," Luke says, his smooth voice washing over me like water.

           "Hey." I grin shyly.

           Sitting this close to him I could feel the heat from his body wrapping around me like a warm blanket. I could smell his cologne, which was intoxicating.

           "You want one?" He tips his beer in my direction.

           I give him a small nod and he gets up, moving to a cooler sitting beside Ethan. He makes his way back to me, plopping down and handing it over.