New Allies

As I got ready that evening I put on one of the suits that Sasha made me purchase, I had to admit, she knew what she was talking about when it came to this whole "impressing" thing. Who would've known that I would have to impress my mates father?

When I originally agreed to come to Texas I knew I was also coming to get Chanel...never did I actually think I would have to get into her families good graces as well.

But for Chanel I would do whatever I had to do in order to be with her.

The sooner I was dressed, out of that house, and away from that fucking ranch, the better.

You see, this morning I found myself back at the library.

Last time I searched articles blindly, only looking for Vincent's name. After last nights talk with Earl I now had a new name...Alison.

And what I found was horrible.

You see there was an article that involve a young girl named Alison, and all the pieces fit together...but of course the newspaper article left out a LOT of details.

NEWS ARTICLE June 15, 2007
Today our small town was rocked when in the late hours shots were fired.

A Victim, believed o be female was found on the property of one Honorable Judge Victor Romero. Details are still sparse at this time.
Update: The body of the victim has been identified as local teen Alison Monroe (19) who was visiting family and friends. The person who discovered the body was Martin Soto, who has been taken in for questioning in the girl's death. Soto is the only suspect in the shooting right now.

OBITUARY June 17, 2007
Today Heaven gained another angel as Alison Monroe was taken from life too soon. Alison leaves behind her loving father and mother, Earl & Dorothy Monroe. Aug. 3, 1988- June 17, 2007. Services to be held at St Dominic's funeral home.

From the article I found out that Vincent's father was a judge, so of course he would do everything in his power to keep his son's name from being dragged through the mud. But I know in my bones that Vincent killed Alison, but why would he kill his own mate?

As an alpha I know all too well how jealous I can get, so perhaps he thought she was cheating on him.

I also tried to imagine Martin actually killing her, but that didn't fit together. Why would Martin kill her and then stay with her as she died only to be caught by the cops later on? ALSO if he really did kill her, why would ANY sane woman want to marry him afterward?

No Martin didn't kill her, he could've simply been at the wrong place at the wrong time, but Martin didn't do it...Vincent did, the question is why?

Why would Vincent kill his own mate?

I shook the mystery from my head, to think about it too long only upset me knowing that Chanel has to be close to him so long as we're here. If Vincent could do that to his own mate, I hate to image what he'd do to just some girl he dated.

As Chanel was on my mind I decided to text her.

She text me back playfully and soon I decided to head to the venue and take her up on her suggestion by "being useful."

I wasn't at all surprised to arrive and see my nephew already there.

"Cesare." I greeted him.

He turned and sighed, "you don't know how ready I am to get this done with."

A pang of guilt coursed through me.

Instead of Cesare enjoying the build up to his wedding he was now seeing his wedding as a chore, something he needed to get done quickly and forget about it afterward...all because of me.