The Heat

"That is a lovely name," I cooed as I nuzzled Violet's nose. "Would you like to sleep with Fanora or the prince? Scorch as offered me a place to stay, but I don't know what I should do." Fanora smiled and looked to Violet and waited for an answer.

    "I want to stay with the Prince," She said with excitement in her voice that also showed in her eyes. I sighed and smiled at her than to Fanora.

    "I will see you tomorrow mother," I bowed and she nuzzled my face and then Violets before she went to see my brothers. "Why do you want to stay with the prince?"

    "You told me so many things about this place and the only one I haven't really talked to is the prince," She answered as she relaxed on my back. "I want to ask him lots of questions."

    "Just go easy one him," I laughed as I took off towards the landing stone. "I'm not sure how well he is with hatchlings."

    "I am a drake now mama," She beamed. "I have a name and everything."

    "Yes," I smiled. "You do have a wonderful name." I landed on the landing stone and bowed to the king once again and Violet jumped down and bowed as well.

    "It is nice to see you again, Violet," Scorch purred.

    "Hello," She replied. Then she turned her attention to Scorn but didn't say anything.

    "She wants to stay with the prince," I smiled. "I can't leave her alone with anyone so I will be staying as well."

    "Would you like to stay with Ruby," Scorch asked bringing his face close to Violets.

    "Can I really," She asked. "I would love to do that."

    "OK," Scorch smiled and walked away.

    "I thought you wanted to stay with the prince," I looked to Violet who seemed more excited to stay with this Ruby.

    "It is OK mama," She flew to my ears. "I wouldn't mind if the prince became my father." She flew after Scorch down the caverns.

    "What did she whisper to you," Scorn asked.

   "Who is Ruby," I changed the subject and walked in the caverns with Scorn next to me. I avoided making eye contact with him.

    "She is my sister," Scorn answered. "She is the same age as Violet and apparently got her name today as well."

    "I would like to meet her," Something deep in my chest started to hum a little. Scorn went on to tell me about his little sister and how happy his mother seemed to be now that she had her around. When we got to his cavern the humming in my chest was going through my whole body and I felt very hot. 'Great,' I sighed. 'I got to stop this before he notices it or before it gets worse.'

    "Is something wrong," Scorn asked putting his face close to mine.

    "I'm just not feeling very well at the moment," I went over to the rock he used for his bedding and relaxed on it. I had never tried to stop the heat from coming with a male this close before and it turned out very hard to do. I could smell his musky sent of the trees and wet dirt and it made the humming louder than before.

    "Are you humming," He asked as he put his body next to mine. His touch sent heat waves from my head to my tail. I now knew that I couldn't stop the heat unless I was alone with no male anywhere close by. I looked at him and the humming became louder now that all that I could smell was him.