Skyfall (Crystal Sharp)

This is the end,
Hold your breath and count to ten,
Feel the earth move and then,
Hear my heart burst again...

Shooting stars are an interesting phenomenon. It's said that these things that blink through the sky, are something you make a wish upon for better times. What if you are the shooting star? What if you are the one falling through the sky?

I guess I never saw it coming. I was going to fast, a train on a collision course. Except, my pidgeotto wasn't a train, it was a bird, that although was one of the best flyers, could be knocked out of the air. I wasn't a train either, not that I could even fly in the first place. I was more like the cargo of a box labeled fragile. However, that's the best of us. Flying was always something I enjoyed, despite the risks though.

For this is the end,
I've drowned and dreamt this moment,
So overdue I owe them,
Swept away, I'm stolen...

I barely saw the infamous red R of that uniform as I plummeted. My hand stretched out and upwards, reaching for my pidgeotto who had been relieved of me, the cargo by an air slash attack. I wished for a wish in that moment, feeling like a star falling from the sky. That was all I was going to be, after all, even if I hit the water I would be dead, so in these last few moments I would shine. I would be a short flicker, and maybe be wished on before I would completely disappear from the world.

Even with the light of evolution and attempts of my bird, there was nothing that could help it. I was frozen, my hand still grasping out in the air currents that whistled around me. There was nothing that could be helped, I hit the water with the force of concrete. I saw the ring of water and bubbles that surrounded me and floated up as I was dragged down by gravity. My body shattered, and I was a porcelain vase as I floated down, reaching for the surface, viewing the lines that the rays of light made as they protruded the surface. It was a beautiful sight, watching the bubbles float into the sky. I was already prepared for my death and so I let those last moments happen, because I could never move. I let the darkness enter as I watched the heavens slip from above me.

Let the sky fall,
When it crumbles,
We will stand tall,
Face it all together...

I barely felt them lift my body out of the water, I was numb. I could feel anything. It wasn't just my body, it was my emotions. There was nothing, nothing at all that I could conjure. I couldn't even remember how the paramedics got there so fast, but they did. Wheeling me out under a blanket with my wet hair spread everywhere, I watched as people peered at me being loaded into an ambulance. Some were crying, some just stood there and peered in curiously not caring so much as it wasn't them who was there, and then some just stood and watched-reflecting how I felt.

I guess it was the full body cast that did the trick. It dawned on me what happened. My sky had fallen, my world had crumbled. I had been knocked off my bird and thrust into the mysteriously majestic depths of the ocean. I would have to get better, but the process would be slow, and once it would end, I would rebuild. In those moments though, I would just have to deal with the pain and limitation, and fight to become truly better.

Let the sky fall,
When it crumbles,
We will stand tall,
Face it all together,
At skyfall,
At skyfall...

With that, is the story of my crash...

~~~~~~~~
A/N: I was inspired by the song to write this about Crystal's crash that gave her a fear of flying

I hope you enjoyed

Tchüss

-blue___22

Good luck and good night