Chapter 11

= Evelyn's P.O.V. =

Harry was so brave for telling me that. It was tough. What he did for his sister, that's my Harry! Such a gentle soul, except when he punched and kicked Rowan multiple times but I don't blame him. I can't say that I don't look at Harry a bit differently now because I would be lying. He's still my cupcake. No matter what he ever did or does in the future.

My hand twists the tap labelled 'hot' and water pours out if it. I plug the sink and pour dish washing liquid in. When the bubbles reach the top of my palm I switch the water off. My hand scuffles in the dirty dish pile while I stare out the glass window and let all of what Harry said sink in. I dip the dirty dish in the soapy water and scrub it clean and rinse it off then put it to dry. I feel Harry's lean body press up against my back. His muscular arms extend and wrap around my own. "I'm doing the dishes too babe." Harry's hot voice skims my ear sending shivers down my spine.

As I think back to what was said earlier at the table I realize that Harry never said what happened to his dad, and how he ended up in foster care. "Harry," I say in questioning tone, "what happened after? To your father? To your sister? To your life?!"

"One day," Harry speaks softly, "I'll tell you about my dad." I turn my head sideways and give him a pleading look, begging him to tell me now. "Today's just not the day." When Harry makes up his mind there's usually very little that I can do about it. "Ok babe, whenever you're ready." I whisper back with hazel eyes trembling.

His wet fingers entwine with mine under the warm water. "Besides, the past is the past. We have to focus on the present now," his voice smooth, "like you not getting hurt by Greg." I sigh knowing that he's right. The past can't touch us but Greg can.

We finish doing the dishes together then Harry spins me around so that I'm facing his gorgeous dimples. "We just need to relax, take a break from all this drama," he implies firmly, "Come on Evelyn, I'll take you out for an ice cream. We can take a stroll in the park, breathe in fresh air and calm down."

"That sounds amazing. Thanks Harry." I reply to his offer with a smile. "Not as amazing as you!" He adds cornily before picking me up and planting a tender kiss on my forehead. He puts me down and I wrap my long arms around his torso, hugging softly. "Come on, let's get dressed." he speaks before tickling me gently on the stomach and ushering me to the bedroom for a change of clothes