Mandrake Leaves

In the process to become an animagi, Jk Rowling  said that it is necessary to hold a mandrake leaf in your mouth for a whole month.

The marauders holding mandrake leaves in their mouth for a whole month in Mcgonagall's classes. Hoping she does not notice but then nothing, literally nothing escapes Mcgonagall's eyes. She notices but does not say anything. Marauders don't know she knows so to ward off suspicion, they decide to take a vow of silence for a month.

Like wearing chalkboards round their necks and writing all that they have to say instead of saying it. A teacher comes round and they come up with more and more ridiculous reasons for their vow of silence. Like, " We are protesting against the unnecessary verbal requirements school requires. We are advocates for the verbally impaired. " or " The universe is sooo incomplete without our awesome voices playing at your ears. Hogwarts is less awesome. "

Like can you imagine people asking Remus why he's not doing it and he gives his friends a deathglare and says, " Because I'm not a moron. " And the boys are all literally like * facepalm*

After the month is over, they spit the mandrake leaves out because they are like awfully bitter and Remus just stares at them like, " What were you doing with mandrake leaves in your freaking mouths ?" And they are just like, " To enhance the effect."