Chapter Six

When I make it home I realize that my mom is already asleep.

Well duh she would be asleep its about 2am now.

I walk in the house and see dinner on the table, probably for me.

I feel bad my mom had to eat dinner by herself.

I walk up stairs and fall on my bed. Before I could get changed I fell asleep.

~Le time skip because why not~

I woke up to my phone ringing.

I glance over at the time.

2:00pm

I quickly get out of bed and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, its L." Well clearly you're voice is noticeable

"How did yo-"

"I'll explain later, I need you to come down to head quarters for a meeting at 8:00 tonight. Make up any excuse you want to tell your mom, just make it believable."

Then I heard the call end. I sigh and plop back down on the bed.

(L's pov.)

Kira has struck again, over night. Killing about 40 more prisoners with heart attacks.

How does he do this without being present?
Is it something in their food?

So many questions flooded through my mind as I opened the fridge to take out a piece of chocolate cake.

I started eating the cake and reviewing information about the case as I receive a call from Light-kun.

"Hello."

"Hey L-"

"Please call me Ryuzaki."

"oh..kay. So I was wondering when is next meeting because I've been busy all week and I don't want to miss a meeting."

This is totally out of character for Light-kun.

"I haven't gotten any information on Kira so we won't be having a meeting anytime soon. Bye, Light-kun."

I hung up and set my phone down.

"That... was odd." I said to myself as dug my fork into my cake and ate a piece.

Maybe I should call (Y/N)-san to make sure she is alright, she's intelligent in her own way and the way I feel around her is totally different then the way I feel around other girls. It's quite strange, I've never felt like that ever before. Maybe I'm attracted to her.

I shake the thought away as i eat another piece of cake.

Me, be attracted to someone? Give me a break, the only thing that has ever caught my eye is sweets.

I chuckle a bit and decide to actually call her.

"Hello?" She said as she picked up the phone. Her voice is soft and sounds caring and calm.

"Hello, its L." I respond in my regular voice... why did i even make this call? Oh right, I basically wanted to hear her voice. It soothed me.

"How did yo-" I cut her off.

"I'll explain later, I need you to come down to head quarters for a meeting at 8:00 tonight. Make up any excuse you want to tell your mom, just make it believable." I told her then hung up the phone. My face flushed a little when I realized I didn't say goodbye.

I don't even know if she would care.

I quickly called everyone and Light-kun, to set up a meeting tonight so it didn't seem obvious I just wanted to see (Y/N)-san. Or should I say, Ali-san.