Atlanta's One Shot

Author's Note: Hey Atlanta! Sorry this took so long, and sorry if it utterly sucks lol, but anyways I hope you like it and lemme know whatcha think!(:

____________________________________________________________

Atlanta is excited that she is finally going to meet them. The boys that had been her idols since she first heard of them, but unfortunately she had arrived rather late to the meet and greet and was dead last in line backstage.

She stands at the rear of the line; her sneakers flexing to allow her to her tip toes. She cranes her neck to try and get a better view of them. Atlanta can just barely see the top of Harry’s head through the gap. She doesn’t know what to think quite yet, she’s excited and nervous and all over flustered. She can’t wait. The roped off carpet on which she walks is red and the line gets shorter and shorter by the minute. Looking around many of the girls in line are in the same state; some even wear frazzled hair from the excitement in the air.

Atlanta was different that day. She had put on her favourite shorts and a gray short-sleeve t-shirt and put her long blonde hair up in a messy braid-bun, a few strands hanging loosely around her face. She had also put light make-up on around her green eyes. It wasn’t a lot, but she looked beautiful. She probably didn’t realize it herself, but everyone around her saw it. Atlanta was too excited to meet the boys that she didn’t notice the stares she got from the other fans.

The line has moved so slow that everyone in it is restless, swaying from foot to foot and stretching every now and then. Atlanta has been waiting over three hours when the line finally starts thinning out, and still she keeps her excitement. Only three more groups… two more… one more… it’s her turn! The last group of girls leaves and the boys stand in a small back-stage-room with glass walls and Atlanta’s hands start to tremble. The excitement turns into nervousness. What are they going to think of her? This is the moment.

The security guard ushers her through the clear glass door and she’s within a few feet of them; standing with her hands clasped tightly together. They look exhausted. Only Liam and Niall still goof around.

Niall takes a swig of water, still laughing from a joke Atlanta didn’t hear. His eyes flick over to her, “Hey lads.” He elbows Liam in the ribs and they all look over to her. Her hands continue to tremble as even Harry, Louis, and Zayn turn from their conversation. Liam walks toward her and holds out a hand.

“No need to look so nervous love, I know they call me puppy, but I promise I don’t bite.” He smiles sweetly and she can’t help but smile back and take his hand. Niall jogs over and smacks away Liam’s hand, bumping him out of the way.

“Well hello there, I’m Niall,” As if she didn’t already know, “what’s your name?” He slides an arm around her shoulders and starts to walk her toward the rest of the boys.

“My name’s Atlanta.”

Louis pipes up, “That’s a lovely name!”

Zayn: “Yeah, uh, really unique.”

The designated camera guy takes Atlanta’s phone for a picture. Liam comes on the other side of her and gently puts his hand on her waist. She can’t believe she’s literately standing in between Niam right now. The camera guy snaps a picture and goes to hand the phone back to Atlanta but Niall stops him, “I think we should take a funny one!.”

“Okay, well what should we do?” Liam asks.

“Here, Atlanta, hop up on my back.”  Atlanta blushes deeply but grips his shoulders as he turns and jumps up nervously, but relaxes as his strong arms catch her lower thighs. Everyone poses and makes stupid faces and they all end up laughing. Niall uses Atlanta as a weapon, swinging her around so that her feet kick Liam, and everyone cracks up.

Finally he sets her down carefully, still laughing. Liam and Niall smile down at her and she smiles back, no longer uncomfortable or shaking, but just at ease with the boys. Niall turns to the body guards and the photographer, “Hey, Paul, do we still have that Polaroid camera by chance?”

Paul looks to the camera guy who digs around in his bag for a moment and pulls out the vintage Polaroid, handing it to Niall.

Liam and Niall lean in and kiss each of her cheeks. Liam whispers, “Smile.” And Niall snaps the picture.

Niall shakes the picture as it develops and they both sign it. Niall hands it to her, but she bolding grabs the sharpie out of his hand and proceeds to scribble a certain set of digits on the back of his hand. She smiles up at him and turns to go. Niall and Liam just watch her go in utter amazement, they hadn’t had that much fun with a fan in a long while.