Chapter 14

3rd person.

"This is my locker," Lily pointed to the thin medal door in front of her.

"No it's mine," The girl who proceeded to attempt to unlock the locker snapped.

Lily sighed, showing her the number on her paper then pointing to the number above the locker.

"I didn't want this dumb locker anyways," The girl spat, then walked away.

"Okay..." Lily mumbled to herself, easily and quickly unlocking her locker. She stuffed in some books she'd received in the her first two and only periods she had so far.

"J.L! Ready for lunch?"

She swiveled around to see Eric had just approached her and was now leaning on the locker beside hers. She shrugged, "Yeah, let's go."

"Great," he smiled, linking arms with her and heading towards the stairs where they'd go down a flight to first floor where the cafeteria was. "We shall hang out with my friend Maisie, she's in our lunch shift. You'll like her, I think."

They unlinked arms and entered the lunch room. Eric leaned over and whispered "bootycall" into Lily's ear, nodding his head towards a boy who was now first in the lunch line with a bunch of girls around him.

He was totally a jock and was totally the first person to talk to Lily the on the bus this morning.

"Great sight? Is it not?" He smirked, then sighed, "But he's as straight as a pole and rude as...a rude object."

Lily chuckled, "I kinda got that vibe today, we talked for a whole two seconds on the bus."

He sighed dreamily, "Jace Stormridge...oh well."

Eric shook his head, grabbing hold of Lily's arm and walking her over to a table. He then called some girl over who just walked in. She had long dark hair with a small amount of freckles over her nose and emerald green eyes. She smiled and walked towards them.

"That's Maisie." He explained, Lily nodded smiling at the girl who came over to them.

"Hey," She immediately greeted, "I'm assuming you're Lily."

Lily nodded, "Yep. Maisie?"

Maisie nodded, putting her backpack down on the seat across from where the other two had left their things. The three of them walked over to the lunch line, grabbing their food and heading back over to their table.

"So you're from Australia?" Maisie asked, biting into her Apple.

Lily nodded, "Yeah, just moved down here with my brother and his band mates."

They began conversing about Australia and America and how things were the same and different and in the blink of an eyes lunch was over.

Nothing interesting really happened, well that is until the very end of the last class of the day. Jace was in this class and he couldn't keep his eyes off Lily.

"Don't look, he's staring again." Eric had continuously whispered as the class went on.

Lily sighed, sitting at her desk with one hand blocking her face well she stared towards Eric.

"Why is he staring?" She mumbled, getting quite annoyed.

"Either he has a thing for you or hates you. I'm not sure." Eric tapped his chin, he began scribbling down on his paper to make it look like he was listening to the rules the teacher asked them to copy as she spoke.

Lily did the same, but just drew little pink hearts and flowers on her paper.

"We have a project tomorrow," the teacher, Ms. Zit-or-nose, said.

She'd been named that by Maisie who told them about her at lunch. Supposedly Ms. Zit-or-nose had a cat obsession, but the kids wouldn't find that out until she began talking about it at the end of classes. Or maybe she started already and Jace had distracted them too much.

Who knows.

"I'll be giving you partners in two days."

A few groans were let out around the class.

The class was let out a bit later and Eric took a right to his locker while Lily was forced to take a left to her. She left most of her things in her locker, it being the first day so she knew she didn't really need anything.

As she swing her backpack strap over her shoulder an unfamiliar voice called her name from a few lockers away. She turned around to see a few kids standing by Jace, girls and boys. One girl had a cheerleading uniform on, the other were dressed regularly, and most of the boys had a blue school varsity jacket on or with them. A girl waved Lil over, she looked behind her to make sure they weren't talking to someone behind her. Sure enough, they were.

She closed her locker and hesitantly headed across the wall. A stray cheerleader stood against a locker a little bit away from the group, she stuck her foot out as Lily passed sending her skidding across the pretty empty halls landing practically at the foot of the group who called her over.

"Lily, nice to see you came over." One of the girls smiled, twisting a lock of brown hair around her finger. "We've been dying to meet you."

"And warn you about a few things." Jace jumped in. He stepped forward, reaching his hand out to Lily. She shyly took it and let him help her to her feet; mistake. As soon as she was balanced, Jace pushing her chest only causing her to stumble back a little.

"Your brother may be famous, in a dumb band or whatever, but your not important here. Got it? Your a no one, we are the someone's."

Lily looked up at Jace through her eyelashes, her head tilted downward and a knot in her stomach. The whole "we rule the school" group stood in front of her, too close from comfort.

They weren't just a year older than her, one of the girl's looked like she was in her grade and some of the boys looked like they were in twelfth or eleventh grade. Was she really being victimized for being the little sister of Michael, again?

Some went on at her other school. All she hoped for was that this wouldn't become an everyday thing, she didn't want to live that nightmare over again.

The group pushed pass her, the last person shoving her into the lockers that stood next to her with a smirk on his face before he strut down the halls and a coach towards the doors called them out for practice.

Typical high school popular kids at your service. Jace, Tristan, Jacob, Fred, Christine, Kennedy, Lacy, and Hannah.

Oh boy.

Lily stayed against the locker for a second, then standing up and rubbing her sore bruised arm.

"Rea-Oh no." Eric hurried over to Lily, a bit too late. "Those demons got to you! God no! No!"

Eric linked his arm with Lily's and lead her towards the front door, cursing about the "extremely attractive yet horrible high school demon" kids.