Home at Last

Arielle's POV

I awoke suddenly. The dreams of me drowning had been replaced with Ky, or Bri, or Grandmama drowning. Grandmama shifted in her sleep, mumbling about war. Ever since I had came back, Grandmama had been getting better... slowly, but surely. I could only hope Orion had forgotten about us.I slowly slung my legs over the side of the bed. I padded quietly over to the window and peeked out. The first colors of the morning were coloring the sky. Grandmama coughed behind me, I turned quickly. Her eyes glowed blue in the morning light.

"You're still here." She stated.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm never leaving you again." I brushed her gray hair away from her forehead.

"You will. One day. At least, you'd better." Grandmama croaked out a laugh.

I smiled at her. "I'm going to go get our daily rations for us, okay?"

Grandmama nodded wisely. "I told you you'd be leaving."

I scrunched up my face at her. "For half a hour."

She shrugged. "Same difference."

I rolled my eyes good-naturedely. I pulled on my boots and one of Mother's old dresses.

"I'll be back soon!" I called, racing out of the house.

¥

"Sky, please." I told the rations man right before someone covered my eyes.

"Guess whooooo?" The person sang.

I rolled my eyes, it was obviously Ky that I almost slapped him.

"Is it my secret boyfriend Uriel who I am dating without telling Kyron?" I said sarcastically.

"Say WHAT now?!?" Ky exclaimed, dropping his hands and turning me to him.

"Just kidding!" I laughed a little and then gave him a peck on the cheek. "How are you Ky?"

"You'd better be." He grumbled. He leaned around me and told the man "Dukawig. Thanks."

"Sooo... It hasn't been a good day? Because it's only the 6th hour, this has to be a new record for you." I grabbed my bag of food and moved out of the way.

"It's... Nothing." He dead panned.

"You better tell me later." I scolded. "Right now I've got to go make breakfast."

Ky gave me a quick kiss, then said. "How does a picnic in the glade sound?"

"Sure, how about around 5, that's when Grandmama takes her daily nap." I juggled the rations around.

"Sounds fine. See you later Ari!" He yelled, as he began to run back home.

I watched his retreating back until he disappeared into the crowd than I began my own walk home.

I was walking down the streets of Witzann. They were totally deserted. I blinked, and all of a sudden I was in Witzann's bustling city center.

"Mommy!" Called a child, running toward me.

"Sorry sis," it was Bri, but she was much older, about 16 I guessed. "I couldn't keep Claree under control."