II

Stall Me

Mal's Point of View

          While walking to Trig, Shay and I talk about Jackson. He's the guy we encountered moments ago. Jackson is Shay's ex-boyfriend as well as our ex-best friend. When they broke up I as well stopped associating with Jackson because he cheated on her. That may not seem as much of a reason to stop talking to Jackson since he was my best friend, but he cheated on her with our enemy. He even talked shit about her with us. So imagine how I felt walking in on them when I went to go visit Jackson one day. All three of us hated her so much, but I guess fucking a whore is more important than loving your girlfriend.

          We enter the classroom and the whole class decided to turn and stare at us along with our teacher Mrs. Briggs.

"Why are you both ten minutes late?" Mrs. Briggs says slightly angry.

"Car trouble." Shay says.

          She seems a little tense. It's probably because of Jackson. She still loves him and I know that. They only broke up a month ago. We only had to face him now because as soon as everything happened, he left. He's filthy rich so he just goes on vacations for fun whenever he wants to. School doesn't really matter to him because he already has his life planned out. After high school, he's going to take over his father's huge corporate business.

"Don't lie young lady. I saw you and your friend walking out of your car fifteen minutes ago. Some car trouble huh?"

"Well excuse us for walking in late. Why the fuck were you watching us anyways? Does it really matter? We're here now aren't we? Seems like you're experiencing some personal problems."

"Do you guys want detention?"

"Go ahead. It's not like we're going to go anyways. You know what? I'm tired of this bullshit. How about you go and fuck around with Mr. Plum like you always do after class?"

"Shay drop it. Let's go." I tell Shay as I hold her arm.

          We walk out of the classroom with the nerds looking at us with disappointment and the socialites looking at as with surprise. It's not every day you see the most antisocial people lash out.

"Shay? What's bugging you?" I ask.

"Look I'm sorry. It's just kinda bothering me that Jackson is back."

"Shay, we knew we were gonna have to face him at some point. Well we just did and we handled him pretty well. What do you wanna do?"

"Not much. You wanna go home and just watch a movie. We have to pick up the tickets later. You're coming right?"

"Yeah. " I reply.

"Alright cool."

          As we walk towards the school entrance, we see Jackson walking out of the closet with an angry look on his face. He notices us and his pace quickens. This is when we decide to run. After running about two blocks we enter my car, Shay in the passenger seat and me in the drivers seat. I start the car and drive away from the school with Car Radio by Twenty Øne Piløts playing on the radio. (See what I did there..)

________________________________

          After we watch Disney's Descendants for the millionth time it's around 11:00. I had nothing better to do instead of listen to music. I felt relaxed as I heard Brendon Urie's voice ring through my headphones, eventually falling asleep to the soothing noise.

          I wake up to my phone ringing drastically. It's my boss calling.

"Hello?" I say groggily.