Episode 13: Trapped

Song: Bullet for my Valentine//Your betrayal

The dusk sunlight filtered through the windows of the pizza parlor. Pretty soon it would be completely dark outside and more dangerous to leave. The un dead were still outside of the door stumbling around. I had no direction or common sense to make any decisions,we were trapped inside this musty hot place with no visible way out.

I jump as I hear a cough sound from beside me. Christian's eyes are opening slowly, when he sees me he smiles. "Glad to know that we aren't dead."

I clutch his shirt before he speaks anymore and plant a kiss on his lips. It was awkward but at least I got my point across.

"Woah, slow down there! You got some cojones girl!" He laughs. "God, I feel like sh--t. I'm thirsty." He stands up slowly looking around.

I was kind of hurt that he brushed off my kiss like that.But we had more pressing matters to attend to.

He groans. "Where the hell are we?"

"In a pizza parlor." I said.

Christian smirked. "Good, because I have wanted some pepperoni pizza since I saw those zombie guts frying outside." He said sarcastically.

I stood up-almost falling over. My legs were like wobbly jello, all of the adrenaline I had earlier already shot through my system completely sapping me of energy.

"So...are we not going to talk about fact that a zombie mutation on steroids knocked you the fuck out and I had to drag all 200 pounds of you in here?"

Christian frowned. "I only weigh 155."

He glanced outside intensely watching what seemed like hordes of zombies congregating outside of the room.

"It's like they know we are in here." He said.

"We'll in between that monster roaring and the car alarms going off down the street it's safe to say that the dinner bells are ringing, Christian." I acknowledge his speculation in a bitter tone.

I wanted nothing more to sleep. My body was almost entirely exhausted. I knew it would be safest to get out of this situation before dark, I was looking towards my lovely bodyguard for direction now.

"We have to go before it gets dark." He looks outside.

"We'll duh." I sighed heavily, not feeling like moving a muscle. I didn't know how we are going to escape outside there were hordes upon hordes of zombies out there by now.

Christian lit up like a light bulb as I watched him. "I gotta plan."

I glance down at my watch it was 7:45. My surgery was scheduled for eight and I'm sure we wouldn't be able to leave here before then.

"We'll we better figure this out because my surgery is scheduled for eight. You are going to be in a lot of trouble."

"We will be fine." Christian breathes forcibly through his nose.

"What do they do with people that aren't important like us?"

"Who?"

"The CDC."

"They shoot them."

"Really? Innocent uninfected people?"

"Yeah. We should go. I will cover you." He hand moves to the doorknob.

"Wait." I blurted out, laying my fingers over his hand. As expected he stilled under my touch. "Thanks for protecting me this whole time."

Christian nodded turning the doorknob again.