Chapter 6 - Something Flutters

Donghae’s POV

I've watched a couple of Korean dramas before, and one common thing about all of them is that when someone is sad, they either shout or go to the game center and hit the target. Examples of shouting was in Princess Hours and Boys Over Flowers. On the other hand, examples of hitting the target was well... umm... in Yoona and Donghae's Korean Drama. Wait, what did I just say?! 

I am actually quite fond of watching Korean dramas. I like to watch romantic comedy dramas and maybe some action dramas, but please never ever make me watch horrors. They just make me get goosebumps everywhere on my body! I can't even sleep at night!

Okay, back to where I was. Well, I decided to bring Yoona to the nearest game center. I did not want her to strain her voice shouting at the Han River because that place was supposed to be for romantic people. To be honest, I've had a lot of memories with my ex-girlfriend there that's why I also did not want to go there. When my girlfriend died a year ago, I also went here every single day whenever I felt the pain in the chest. My like was so broken just like an egg. An egg can be either cracked by being hit on something hard or by being dropped to the ground. I was an egg who was dropped to the ground. Because of all of my problems, I was so broken and my life can never be glued back ever again until I went to America to forget them all.

I told Yoona to hit the target to release the pain in her. I know that I don't have the right to mingle with her life, but I just don't know why I care so much. I just met her, and I'm like this already. Why is my heart pounding hard? Oh boy, please explain what's happening to me.

Surprisingly, she listened to me and started hitting it. After a few minutes of hitting it, her eyes started to get wet. I couldn’t leave her crying there, and I knew that it was my duty to comfort her. The only thing I could do was to hug her.

"Let it all out. I’m here."

When I hugged her, my past went all back to me. It was as if I was hugging my ex-girlfriend again. They both have so many things in common, and I can't help myself but to see that in her. She cried louder and louder, and she started hitting my chest. 

"Siwon oppa, why do you have to make me fall in love with you? Why?"

I hugged her more. A few minutes later, it started raining.

"Donghae, let's go inside. It's raining. I feel better."

"No, you don't. I'll be here. Just cry it all out."

Why was I so protective of her? I'm not like this to other girls. Why am I acting like a knight in shining armor, and she's the princess? After a few more minutes, she finally felt better. She told me to go inside the game center, and there I wiped her tears. She gave me a smile -- the most beautiful smile ever. Inside, I also heard a loud sound. Was it from a construction site? Was it a stampede? Wait, was that my heart? Was my heart fluttering? What if I was actually really falling in love with her? No, Donghae, you can't. Remember your promise, Donghae. NEVER FORGET IT.

Yoona’s POV

Yes, today, there was a FOX RAIN. Instead of being happy and forgetting all the problems I have been holding these past few days, I made it ruin this day. I woke up on a bright sunny day with a smile on my face, but now, it was raining just like it was raining on my face. Who wouldn't be so guilty for runing such a day? But I just couldn't help myself after all those words Donghae has been telling me since a while ago.

"I am so sorry, Oppa. I didn’t want to ruin this day."

"It’s okay. Are you feeling better?" He asked as he wiped my tears away.

"Yes, I am. Gomawo," I gave him a smile.

Suddenly, he was as red as a tomato. Why was he like that? Was he embarrassed of getting wet and his abs starting to show up because of the rain? I never knew he was hot. Eww, Yoona, quit that!

"U-umm, sure. No problem."

"Are you okay? Why are you so red? Are you embarrassed or something?"

"Me? Red? You're so funny!" he said with a fake laugh.

"Umm, okay?"

"Sorry. Anyway, while we're here, you wanna play games?" he suggested.

"Sure! My treat this time since you paid for our lunch a while ago."

"Sure, but first, wipe your clothes first. Here I have a towel."

"Wipe yourself first." I gave the towel back.

"No, you wipe yourself first. You're so wet. I don't want you to get sick." He started wiping the wet parts of my face. When we both looked at each others eyes, he threw the towel to me and said that I am such a baby.

"Who even told you to wipe my face for me? Well, you're the one who acted like my babysitter," I jokingly said.

"I am just being kind, you know," he said and looked away.

Wow, he was really ready for this "date". It was as if he knew it was going to rain today. After drying ourselves a little, we started playing some games.

"Omo! Chincha kyeopta!"

"That one? Wanna try?" he asked while pointing at the claw game.

"Is it okay?"

"Of course. It's your money anyway."

"Why, if you really are my boyfriend, I would seriously dump you right now. So mean!"

"I know you that's how much you love me."

"In your dreams, loser!"

I started playing and trying to get that cute stuffed toy, but I can't seem to get it. I've tried again for the billionth time, but it felt from the claw. I've had enough. I just went to the comfort room first.

When I came out from the comfort room, Donghae was missing in action (MIA). I finally saw him there at the bench in the middle of the game center with something at his back.

"What’s that?"

"The what?"

"The one at your back."

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Oh come one, show me!" I tried snatching it from him, but just like my luck at the claw game, I failed my mission again. If I was Nancy Drew, no one would be reading my novel -- that was how suckish I was. I started to pout at him and walk away from him. Brat much. He suddenly pulled my hand and gave me a teddy bear. It was the teddy bear that I really wanted to get! Because I was so happy, I leaped and gave him hug. Uh oh. I went over the boundary! He’s eyes went boomed – this big -> O_O I immediately remove my hands off him and said sorry.

“It’s okay. I understand that you’re really happy, teddy lover,” he said while chuckling.

WHAT DID HE JUST CALL ME?! TEDDY LOVER?! OH MY GOSH.

"Yaa! Anyways, thank you so much. As in thank you."

"Anything for you, darling," he said in a British accent. 

"Yuck!"

Donghae’s POV

Our so called date was finally over, and I truly thank Yoona for this wonderful day. Although there were some parts that I didn't admire like the when Yoona cried, it was still a day to remember. We rode the bus going home. Yoona slept during the trip. I can see it on her face that she’s really tired of crying. She looked beautiful even when she’s sleeping – an angel. “Oh wait, Donghae, why are you saying this?!” I said to myself. Suddenly, Yoong’s head fell on my shoulder. Then, my heart started pounding very fast. Ige mwoya, Lee Donghae?

During the bus ride home, I kept on looking at her, and I felt something different. My heart was fluttering. It was something I never felt ever since my ex-girlfriend and I broke up. What if I was really falling in love with her? Will I be able to break that promise I made?