Ch.1 (Part I)

29/8/13

REALLY sorry for the slow update...

~~________~~________~~________~~________~~

Chapter 1 Part 1

'I-don't-care! I love it!'

The song by Icona Pop blasted through my light blue earplugs. I danced around to the other side of the wooden chair I was painting. I held an extremely fine paint brush in my left hand, which was also light blue. On the end was silver paint.

'I-don't-care!'

I painted to the rhythm but kept a steady hand. I wore no shoes but I came to work in perforated Lace-Up booties in a mars-red colour. I wore a black top saying 'MUSIC' across the chest and white Hollister low-rise short-shorts. On my head I had Panama Fedora red floppy hat. And the colour of my nails were the same colour of my earplugs - light aqua blue.

'I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.'

I loved being bear-foot at work, it made me feel more comfortable.

I decorate things by creating art, I do this for a living. In the morning I go to my studio and if there is no furniture or canvases there left for me to paint, then I would find an empty wall or object for me to vandalize.

However, I was currently painting silver ivy on a wooden chair.

'I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.'

As soon as I got to an extremely finely detailed leaf, I stopped chewing on my gum but I played with it inside my mouth instead.

'I threw your stuff into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.'

Suddenly, there was a very strong drought behind me. The walls were all windows, and I was on the second floor so I didn't feel too safe about that but, it let a lot of natural light in which was a benefit for my paintings. I never opened one of these windows, if it was hot then I would turn on the air-conditioning. I wondered if it turned itself on, so I decided I would turn around to see. I took a step back from the chair and resumed chewing on my gum. And then I turned around.

'I crashed my car into the bridge.'

My eyes widened in sudden shock and I brought my hands to my face. I realised I dropped my paint brush when I heard it clatter on the ground. I took a deep breath and bent down to pick it back up. I remained breathing deeply. And even when I went down to the floor, I never took my eyes off the big blue police box sitting in the middle of my art studio.

'I don't care! I love it!'

___________________**-**___________________

A week had passed and it never moved an inch. I tried to open it but it never budged. So today I started to paint on it and hope that the Doctor won't care.

I know about the Doctor because my mother worked at Torchwood and therefore had knowledge about the universe and planets and aliens and him. The man in my recurring dreams. The words she used to describe him matched every detail on the guy in my head. I never used to believe her that there was a man who could do such things like travel through time and space.

I grabbed the fine paint brush I was using exactly a week ago and started to brush it against the box. I didn't put any paint or water on yet, I just wanted to get an idea of what I would do without using pencil first.

After at least half an hour of painting, I sat down and closed my eyes. It was a nice warm morning and the sun was coming up. It lit the room nicely. I closed my eyes and remembered what I painted on the box; lovely floral doodles, like a vine twisting into flowers and roses and swirls. I opened my eyes again to take a second look at it. The colour was a rich gold that sparkled, and shone brighter when the sun light hit it. The longer I stared at it, the sooner I realised that I never went to get my paint from the cupboard.