Like no other

Draco paced nervously back and forth in his room and weighed the options in his head one more time. It seemed simple enough; either he could erase her from his life like Blaise and Theo wanted him to do, or he could take a chance and finally ask her out after weeks of nonstop talking. He wouldn't ask her to be his girlfriend, no, he wasn't completely ready for that yet. All he wanted to do was take her out on one date - away from the school, the teachers, everyone. Just to see what it would be like. To hold her hand as they walked down the street, to see her smile as they talked back and forth, and to see her laugh as he said something funny to her. He wanted to see her cheeks turn an adorable shade of pink from the cold and he wanted to kiss her nose whenever she made that ridiculously cute giggle.

These feelings were completely foreign to him - and the simple fact that he was feelings these things scared the living shit out of him. But no matter what he did, he couldn't make them go away. There was no way he'd be able to even if he wanted. She was burned into his brain like a brand on a livestock animal. The image of her never went away - there was always a picture of her somewhere in his mind, smiling, laughing, blushing even. He couldn't just let her go, there was no way! Draco was not prepared to just simply make her disappear from his world, as if she had never existed. No matter what Blaise and Theo thought what was best for him, Draco knew that letting her slip from his fingers would be the worst decision he could ever possibly make.

So as he made up his mind and abruptly walked out of his room, past his friends, past the First and Second Years who idolized him, he shoved open the door and made for the Quidditch field. Draco knew she would be practicing there with her team, or at least he hoped she would be there.

He pushed some of the younger students out of the way as he went outside and took off in a run toward the field. He could see her flying in mid-air as she sped past Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet. Ginny Weasley was flying behind her, laughing ferociously as Ron Weasley simply sat on his broom and rolled his eyes, a smirk coming to his face every now and then.

As Draco got closer to the stadium, he started to shout loudly, "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!"

His arms waved in the air dramatically and when (Y/N) finally saw Draco sprinting and yelling in her direction, she immediately halted and flew down to the ground.

By the time she reached the ground, Draco had finally approached her, panting like crazy and sweating slightly.

She gently grasped his shoulders concernedly. "Draco, what's wrong?! Is everything okay?!"

"I..."

Draco wanted to start speaking immediately and tell her everything he was feeling, but he was still severely out of breath. Not only that, Harry Potter had stalked up to the both of them and started to intensely glare at Draco.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy? This is a closed practice." he said almost menacingly.

Draco glared at him, his words coming back. "I want to talk to (Y/N). Alone."

She turned around and nodded to Harry, signalling that he could go back to practice. Harry stared cautiously at her, as if she might be giving him some sort of secret message. He raised his eyebrows at her.

"You're sure?"

"Harry, I'll be fine. Go."

Harry set his mouth in a firm line and nodded, turning around and re-joining his Quidditch team.

She turned back around and crossed her arms, staring at Draco's face.

"Are you okay, Draco?"

Draco exhaled loudly and covered his face with his hands, rubbing his face a few times before sighing again and letting them down.

He finally spoke, "I have to ask you something. But no matter what your answer is, you have to promise me that we'll still stay friends. Alright?"

She straightened up a bit. "What are you-"

"Just promise me."

"...alright, I promise."

In a moment of bravery, Draco took her hands in his and watched as she started to blush - the adorable shade of pink beginning to rise in her cheeks.

"Listen, I know this is really random and scary and honestly, it might be a terrible idea. But...I wanted to know if you'd like to...go on a date with me..."

He could feel her hands stiffen and he could hear her breath do a small intake.

"Y'know, as a romantic thing." he muttered.

She stood speechless for a minute or two, trying to take it in. It was extremely random, that was for sure. Scary? Possibly. A terrible idea? Well, it wouldn't necessarily be a good one, what with the different houses and social statuses. The scandal could go through the roof.

Another minute passed by with still no response from her. Draco sadly nodded and slowly retracted his hands.

"I'm sorry, I knew it was stupid of me to ask you on a date. I shouldn't have done it, I'm sorry."

At hearing his words, she quickly shook her head.

"No, wait! I'm not declining, believe me. I'm just...surprised. That's all." she shyly bit her lip and looked at her shoes.

"Why would you be surprised?"

"Well..." she muttered as she shifted her feet back and forth, "I never thought you would see me like that. I mean, I've liked you ever since we met but I just...I don't know, I guess I just didn't expect you to see me this way."

As abruptly as Draco had stomped out of his room, he picked up her head with his hands and firmly kissed her on the lips. She melted into it within seconds, as did he. His head started spinning and his heart beat even harder with every second he continued to kiss her.

She could feel her knees turn to jelly as he held her tight against her, one hand on her cheek, the other wrapped tightly around her waist. Draco held her like she was a precious jewel, a heavenly angel who had just crash-landed onto Earth. She held onto him as tightly as she could and when he got the courage to softly bite down on her lower lip, she let out a tiny moan - to which Draco swallowed immediately as he kissed her with a passion he didn't even know he had.

She broke away to catch her breath, though she never wanted it to end. At that very moment, all she wanted was for Draco to hold her for as long as he could and kiss her with all of the love in the world.

"I really like you." he whispered to her, a whisper so soft that she barely even heard it.

"I want to try this. I want to see where it goes." he whispered softly.

"Please." he nearly whimpered as he softly kissed her nose, "Give me a chance."

She stared up at him, before nodding softly and shyly smiling up at him.

"Okay." she whispered back, reaching up on her tippy toes to kiss his cheek - to which he blushed and hugged her like he would never hug anyone again.

Draco Malfoy imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें