Chapter 1

Sonic POV
I wake up to a sudden jolt. I rub my eyes, trying to figure out where am I. The lights are so bright. I'm in a...train? Oh that's right, I'm going home. "Attention passengers, we have a slight problem with the train's engine, if you could please remain calm.", the driver says. I check my watch 10:30 PM. Sigh* "Looks like where going to be here for a while..", I say as I fall back to sleep.

"Hey kid! Kid wake up!", I wake up once again but this time from an unknown voice. I get up and notice the driver from the train I was on. Oh no the train! Did they fix it? Where's the next stop? "Umm hey sir.", I say as I rub my eyes, "Where are we exactly?" "We are at the end of the line." "What?", I exclaim as I get up and take a steady look at my surroundings. I'm definitely no where near home. I check the time, 1:15. "Oh no, now what will I do?", I think out loud. "I wish I could help kiddo, but my shift is done.", the driver also adds, "and all the public transportation is shut down by this time." I sigh, "It's alright sir, I'll just walk it off." "Okay but be careful. This is a dangerous area." "I will sir, thanks and goodnight.", and with that I head out to the unknown.

I don't know what the driver was so worried about, nothing out of the ordinary is out here. Well they are the fair share of prostitutes and homeless people, but that's normal in this part of town. I try to walk as quickly as possible to avoid any type of conversation with anybody, when I am stopped by a group of guys. They look at me from top to bottom. "Hey", one of them says, "How much do you charge?" 'What?' I look around, and notice the confusion. "Oh, I don't work that way, sorry..." I feel soo nervous, they look dangerous. "Well then," one speaks out, "I guess we'll get a freebie tonight!" "Huh? I don't---" *A cackling so prominent, it makes you cringe at the sound*
.
.
.
Silence.