2.

"Drag 'em out back and take 'em to MR.", a ragged-looking ferret exclaims. "We gotta preserve the fresh meat, until we can figure out if he's gonna be for pleasure or harvest." His squad nods, but resent the fact that they didn't get a chance to play with their new toy.

.Across town.

A worried professor looks tirelessly out the window, as his nephew hasn't returned back and it's almost the crack of dawn. "I'm always so busy with my research I always just assume he's safe and tucked into bed by the time I'm satisfied with my progress", a faded out blue hedgehog vents to his colleague, "I feel so impotent not being able to do anything, and having to wait for the station to open, and the cops cant help me on the account that he's over 18..".

The scientist listens in to the professors concerns, and chimes in with a solution, "I can ask my uncle if he can look around the area!"

(ok so gerald robotnik is maria and eggman grandfather right? And he used his DNA to make shadow, technically making him his son, so that's what I'm sticking with)

He glances to see the hedgehog shake his head in disapproval, "Listen I know he isn't your cup of tea and he can be kind of a brute-----" "Kind of a brute?! He attacks Sonic on every turn, and most of the time unprovoked! If he does manage to find Sonic, who knows what he might do to him!" Robotnik retaliates stating, "You make him sound like he's the worst person alive and---" Charles interrupts in a fury, "Oh no, I know exactly who's worst, and it's his good-for-nothing---"

"We shouldn't talk about the dead that way."

Both colleagues turn around, frazzled by each others outbursts, and stare at a black hedgehog with eyes piercing directly into the elder hedgehogs skull.

"Shadow!", his familiar exclaims, "I was just hoping if you could help find Charles missing boy!" Shadow just stays silent, examining Charles unsavory demeanor towards him. " No, I'm not a personal babysitter for someone who's more than capable of using public transportation." Charles abides , "I'm grateful that Shadow won't go looking after Sonic, I may be in desperate need but not desperate enough to hand him over to him in a silver platter!", he points at Shadow accusingly.

Julian Robotnik just stares, trying to figure out a way to diffuse the situation. Shadow brings him back to reality with a simple, "I just came to pick up Maria's makeup kit", he points at a palette lying upside down on his desk, Robotnik smirks, "That girl is always leaving her things were she isn't supposed to.". He halfheartedly hands it over as Shadow just snatches it and begins to walk away not before stating, "I hope that dumb bitch got kidnapped."