My Sacrifice for the Devil

Percy P.O.V

As Annabeth and I fall down through the seemingly endless dark pit, my stomach twists at the thought of what might come. The monsters we might see. Enemies we might encounter. Sacrifices we might have to make.

"Percy?" Comes a barely audible voice but I know who it is. "Why would you do that?"

"Fatal flaws can be like that. Especially when it comes to your girlfriend." I reply.

"You shouldn't have done that, Seaweed Brain," she whispered back, "I would've rathered you on the surface."

A prickly feeling crawls over my arms at her words, "Annabeth, I wasn't going to let you go through this alone. We're together on this."

"Yes, yes, I know. We're in this together." She's closer now. So close I can smell the sweat radiating off of her.

"Annabeth, are you okay?"

"Rest, Percy." She whispers, sending chills down my spine before drowsiness weighs down my eyelids and I fall unconscious.

When I wake up, a throbbing inside of my head temporarily paralyzes me in pain. My entire body is heavy and every breath hurts which is why, as I open my eyes and find only darkness, I briefly wonder if I'm blind.

This thought is quickly dismissed as I register the heavy shackles around my wrists and ankles, the glint of metal in the limited light keeping me chained to the floor.

"This can't be good," I mutter as I try to see objects in the room.

"Annabeth, are you in here?" I whisper out into the darkness. Based on her behavior before I went unconscious, I figure she probably needs to know I'm alright. "Do you know how we got here?"

Suddenly, bright lights shoot on, actually blinding me this time.

I groan as my vision comes back and black dots linger in both eyes. Not cool.

"Yeah." Annabeth says as she comes into view from behind a huge white pillar.

The room itself was huge and white. There are tables full of metal weapons and the walls had shackles dangling from them. The doors are metal and bare, as if they're only able to be opened from the outside.

Definitely not good vibes.

I eye Annabeth, "Yeah, you know how we got here or yeah, you're here?"

"Both."

We stare at each other for a while before I glance away, "Please do tell."

"You always had knack for getting yourself into trouble, Percy. I tried to keep you out of this but. . ." Annabeth trails off.

"What's going on, Annabeth?" I ask. "Actually, you can tell me as we escape whatever this place is. Can you help me out of these chains?"

"I. . .I can't."

"Wh--"

"What she's trying to say, Percy, is she was trained since she was a little girl to ruin you and your little world and now she's finally done it."