Chapter 1

You knew it was winter in England when the roads began to frost over and you could actually feel the drop in temperature when you took a step out of your house. But despite the cold and the rain Prince Mason loved it. Absolutely adored the sound of the rain pattering against the glass on the windows, the way the snow falls and leaves a big blanket of white across the acres of grass. But most importantly he loved the amount of excuses he could use to get out of the castle walls and away from all the chaos of the royals.

Mason sat there at his normal coffee shop with a cup of tea in hand watching the rain potter down the window. He wondered what it would be like to be able to do this and not sneak around. He liked being a royal but maybe money wasn't a virtue. He wanted something more. Something that he hadn't experienced. He felt like a piece was missing, he just didn't know what.

After about 2 hours the rain died down and Mason was walking down the streets of London watching as the people rushed down in a hurry to get home to their families. But he wasn't in a hurry to get home. Even after the numerous amount of messages his mother and father had sent him for hours.

Lost in thought, he found himself in a part of London that surprisingly he'd never been. The lights weren't brightly lit and not a person was in sight.
'What a peculiar place.'
Mason thought. He crossed the street when he noticed a archway with lights leading down an alleyway towards a door. As he neared the door a sound grew louder and louder. Music. That made him really curious. He pushed open the door to be met with a dull lit room filled with people sat at tables, a bar on the far side and a stage with one black grand piano. An undercover jazz bar.
"What is this place" he whispered.

"A place you'll never forget." A voice behind him answered.

He turned round to face a woman who was dressed in all black and had her face caked in makeup.
"Just one?" She asked. Too stunned to reply Mason just nodded his head and followed her to a table sat in amongst the couples and groups all sat at tables.

He left his coat on the chair and walked towards the bar.
"1 Gin and tonic mate." He told the bartender. As the bartender started working on the drink he turned to Mason.

"Your just in time, mate."

"For what?"

"The showstopper."

And just as he said that name everything went black. Mason turned towards the stage and suddenly one white round spotlight hit a woman. She was dressed in a long black strapless dress with white elbow gloves. She was sat atop the piano, looking at the pianist. She winked at him and he immediately started playing. She was beautiful. Mesmerising. She had Mason hooked. He began walking back to his table forgetting about his drink.
He wasn't the only one hooked on this beauty, every single person in the room stopped immediately what they were doing and watched her.

As she carried on singing he saw how much she owned that stage, like it was her home. She belonged up there. She finished her song and they brought a mic stand to her and she set up the mic.
"So tonight is my last night."
She sighed. Everyone began to boo and shout including Mason.
"I know! I know, I wish I could stay longer but I have some business to take care of right now. I'm gonna miss everyone, especially you rich -" she turned towards the pianist. "So I'm gonna do a new one for my goodbye. I love you guys."

As she started to sing her song a guy next to Mason tapped him on the shoulder.
"She's beautiful ain't she?"

Mason turned to face him "Sorry?"

"You haven't stopped staring at her mate."

"Oh yeah, uh she's something."

Mason turned towards her stunned once again by her beauty.

"They call her the showstopper, but her names Eliza. Eliza Adams. She's been here ever since this place opened 10 years ago. Was only 9 when she started singing."

Mason was shocked. Where were her parents? Surly they wouldn't let a 10 year old out this late?

"Listen, me and the Mrs are going out for some drinks with her and if you fancy, you can come along."

'Surly I couldn't. Could I? No they're strangers. But they could be potential friends. I've been lonely for a while -"

His thoughts were interrupted by the man again.
"We don't have all night you know."
Mason made up his mind.
"Okay, I'll join you. Lead the way."

..........................

So that's that, this is my first ever book attempt. It's short but it's only the first part :/. I won't write another part until I get 5 votes. Not much but just enough to show me some people are interested at least. Thanks for reading anyway!!

- fly_to_neverland1 - xxxxx