because i love u guys a lot : - )

a lil epilogue ; )

Sherlock couldn't believe it. Sometimes, he pinched the soft flesh on his wrist at 3 AM, telling himself everything was just fake. Exactly like last time.

But John was here.

And John Watson was so, so real.

Sherlock wanted to bottle John's golden skin up like fireflies, watch it shimmer against the darkness, and then let it flutter away into the air, flickering from happiness of liberty. But sometimes he just wanted to capture it with his lips and pin John there forever, biting and sucking at his golden flesh until it shone as brightly as the sun.

John took care of Sherlock, made sure he was eating and showering, and kissed him in the middle of the street when it was pouring down raindrops fat as the fog clouds that covered London.

Sherlock was grateful. He was so grateful that he kept the book hidden away in a box on the top shelf in their closet. It was buried under the multitudes of other novels, silent and frozen, smelling like guilt and regret, waiting to jump out and break the spell.

It never did. Sherlock made sure it never did.

John hummed a song Sherlock had been playing on his violin earlier as he slid into bed beside the detective.

"What's going on in there?" John gave a small smile and brushed his fingertips against Sherlock's temple.

"Thinking," came the mutter.

"You've been thinking a lot lately. What about?"

"You." Sherlock allowed his eyes to flicker open and his folded hands to fall to the scarlet bedsheets.

John laughed, and the high-pitched note stuck on the ceiling. "Oh, really?"

"Yes."

"Say, oh beautiful man, what about me?"

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "You. Your skin. Your eyes. Your smile. Your voice. Just...just you. Just you, John."

John kissed him, and somehow with a bite to Sherlock's bottom lip, there were no more words to be said.

a/n: hahahaHAHAHA i love johnlock & you lovely people <333333 i was really bored (and should've been working on my new femlock lmao) but i just wanted to give you a little extra something to be happy about on this fab friday night. or saturday morning. or whatever it is, wherever you may be.

ALSO THANKS FOR 4.78k+ ON THIS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH