two

💕Luke

I stood outside of the store for a minute or so, mentally preparing myself for my first day. I was so nervous. I was scared that customers or even my co-workers would judge me for wearing makeup and working at Sephora.

Something that I wanted to get out of this job, was learning how to do something that I loved without worrying about what other people thought. I still wasn't at that point yet. I was extremely self conscious and insecure. It really sucked. But I was going to learn to love myself. I was determined to love myself one day, every inch of my body, no matter how long it took me to achieve that.

I shuffled into the store quietly, picking up my feet so that I wasn't too loud. My new co-workers had just opened up and were setting up some products and cleaning the counters. I approached the manager, who interviewed me, and she noticed me right away. Her pixie-cut hair, which was dyed teal blue, was nicely gelled and combed through. She had a flawless complexion, a natural makeup look on, but she had added a shimmering silver glitter on her right upper cheek bone. She looked like a fairy.

Her name was Ashley.

"Luke! It's so nice to see you! I'm so glad that you applied. You're perfect for the job." She flashed me a big smile and then set the cloth she was using to clean down on the counter. She opened her arms and gave me a warm hug. I stood a few inches over her since I was so freaking tall.

"Everyone! Come to the counter please! We have someone special here." Ashley called the four other female employees over to the cash register. There was Brit, Nina, Lindsey and Samantha. It seemed that each one of the employees had their own "thing" that made them unique and different from one another. Ashley's was her cheek glitter. Brit had a very dark, smokey eye shadow look with thick black eyeliner, Nina had purple lipstick, Lindsey had thin, yellow winged liner, and Samantha golden lip gloss, it made her look like Cleopatra, since she had bangs. I didn't have a cool unique thing like they did.

"Hi Luke, I'm Nina! It's so nice that you work with us now!" Nina said excitedly. She was definitely the super nice one who had lots of enthusiasm. They were all so nice.

"Thanks so much," I said to all of them, giving an awkward smile. I hugged all of my co-workers and then Ashley showed me around the store and gave me a tour and all the tips on how to help customers.

💕

I worked until 5 today. It was 3pm. Everything had been going so well so far today. Of course I got a few strange looks, but a lot of the customers who came in this store were really nice and they asked me for help and talked to me and complimented me on my makeup. I loved my job. I really did, I was so glad that I sent my resume in. This job suited me so well.

I walked to the perfume section of the store where Brit was stocking up some of our signature scents and I thought I'd give her a hand since it was pretty quiet in the store right now.

"Can I help?" I asked her. Brit looked at me, her dark brown eyes were intimidating but she was smiling at me, signaling that I could help her. Brit was the one who stood out to me the most out of all the girls. Even though Ashley was a literal fairy, Brit was the "scary" one. She really wasn't scary, she just had that intimidating look. She had tattoos running down both arms, eyebrow, lip, and nose piercings, fishnet tights, a black plain tee, plaid skirt, and black nail polish. Now you understand what I mean by intimidating. Her dark makeup suited her look perfectly, though I'm not sure if intimidating was what she was going for. Even though she had all of those things, she was still absolutely stunning, and her tattoos and piercings just added to the over all appearance of her.

"So, tell me about yourself, Luke." Her voice was deep and warm like melted chocolate. I reached down and grabbed a box of Marc Jacobs to put on the shelf on the opposite side of the aisle.

Well, I'm boring and-" as I turned to put the perfume on the shelf I ran into another body, stumbling and dropping the perfume box, hearing a small smash when it hit the floor. I barely caught myself, but thankfully I didn't fall. As I leaned down to get the box, Brit out a hand on my shoulder.

"Luke are you okay?" Brit asked. I stood up from my kneeling position with the broken perfume in my hand.

"Yeah I'm fine......" My sentence got quieter at the end as I looked up into a pair of piercing green eyes staring right into mine.

A tall, pale boy wearing a white muscle tee stood in front of me. He had bright, lilac hair sticking up in every direction. He took my breath away.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I'm Michael, and normally I watch where I'm going."

💕

A/N

yeS ASHLEY AKA HALSEY IS THE MANAGER EHEHHEEH IM STUCK IN THE BADLANDS OMFG

OOMFG SDOUAGIYDL SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES ALSO