~ 7~

^it's been a while but I have decided to come back ^

"I think that's the one." My mom said for the tenth time has we looked for baby items that could go for either a girl or a boy.

"Mama, I don't think that will work." I said putting down what she had in her hand.

"I'm just trying to help. Oh its just I'm so happy that my little girl is grown up and has found someone and is having a baby " she said pulling me into a hug. I hugged back and saw a cute little stuffed rabbit behind her. I let go and went over to it picking it up.

"I like this, it's so cute and would be great for the baby." I said putting it in to the basket. We looked around the store a little more before we check out and drove to mine and Daryl's house.

It was an old house that had been in the market for some time now. It was three bed, two bath, kitchen, dinning room, living room, and deck. It was a log cabin type house that with a few touch ups looked like it belong in a log cabin magazine.

Daryl thought it would be better if we worked on it now instead of waiting till after the baby was born. I agreed and so did daddy, who got Shawn to help with some of the work. Maggie decided to come around and finally help with the house.

"I still don't like him." Maggie said has we walked up the steps to the front door of my new house. Our new house. Mine and Daryl's house. Those words never seemed to get old. I liked the sound of that, mine and Daryl's.

"Oh give me that." She said taking the box from my hand and opening the door.

"Where is Mr. Dixon anyway?" She asked putting down the box on the table.

"He's at work, where did you expect him to be?" I asked walking through the house with some of the items we had bought from the store.

"I just thought he would be here. You know so I could talk to him." Maggie said sitting down at the table and rubbing her face.

"I'm sorry Beth. I've been a bitch about this and I should of just been supportive. He makes you happy and that's what counts." Maggie said pulling me into her arms and giving me a big hug.

"I'm love you Maggs and that's what counts." I said smiling and hugging her back.

We were on good terms now, though she didn't get to talk to Daryl that day. I have a very good feeling that talk will be with in the next few weeks, or days.

"what are you thanking about Bethy." Mom said from the drivers side.

"Oh just about a talk I had with Maggie." I said smiling out the window.