chapter one

"Yes... yES... YES! Ha, I win again, shanks!" Minho yells.

"Come on, you know the only reason you're winning is because you keep making us play rainbow road!" I protest.

Minho, Thomas and I have been playing Mario Kart at their house for a couple of hours and Minho has won every race.

"Let's play again, but Minho has to be handicapped. We get to pick your character, car and the track we race," Thomas says.

"No, that's not fair. Just because I'm good doesn't mean I should be punished for it," Minho says.

"Just because you're player one doesn't mean you should get to pick every race, this is your punishment."

Minho rolls his eyes and sighs, then tosses his wiimote to me. "Fine, Newt pick my car for me."

As soon as he tosses it to me my phone rings. It's y/n's mom. Why would she be calling me? "Thomas you do it, I gotta take this," I say and throw the wiimote to Thomas.

"Hello?"

"Newt? It's y/ns m-mom..." She sounds like she's been crying.

"What's wrong? What happened? Is y/n okay?"

"She got in a car crash. We're at the hospital."

"Okay, I'll be right there," I say and hang up. I rush around and gather all my stuff.

"Woah, what are you doing?" Minho asks.

"Y/ns in the hospital. I gotta go," I say and run out the door.