Chapter 2: New school

The next day I got up for the first day of school. I knew exactly what to wear, it was a pink T- shirt with a solar flare logo on it. Then, I wore jean shorts, and flip-flops. I put up my blonde hair up in a waterfall braid with a small flower clip on the side.
That morning I skipped breakfast because I was excited, yet scared. I've been to high school before but I was unsure what the school would be like.
" ready for school Neveah?" My mom said.
" yeah." I said nervously.
" it'll be great, I know it." My dad said.
" eh, I don't know about that." My brother Jason said.
"Jason!" My dad said.
" what?! "
"Good luck honey" my mom said.
"Thanks mom." I said
"See you after after school".
I got on the bus and saw two familiar faces. I went over to them.
"Hi!" I said.
"Oh hey... Neveah!" Kaz said.
" Neveah?!" Said Oliver kind of freaked out.
"Nice to see you too Oliver."
"Sorry I just didn't expect you today. I was thinking that you had to unpack."
"No way I'm not missing the first day of high school in California! It sounds WAY too fun."
"Sit down!" Said the bus driver.
"Can I sit by you guys?" I said.
"Sure" they both said.
When I sit down it seems the bus moves 10 feet and we are there at the high school. Oliver can tell I'm nervous and says " don't worry it'll be a fun day."
"Ok" I say.
Once we get there I see a girl just standing in front of the school waiting for someone. When we get off of the bus Oliver goes and meet her.
"Who is this?" She says.
"Oh this is Neveah. She just moved in next door to us." Oliver says.
"Cool, my name's Connie".
"Nice to meet you Connie".
The bell rings.
"See you guys after school." Connie says to Kaz and Oliver. " bye Neveah , it was nice meeting you. "
"Yeah you too" I say as I smile.
After school that day I go home not seeing Kaz and Oliver. Wondering where they went. So the next day I thought I'd investigate.