I like you. Is that okay?

"Soul! Wake up!" Maka called from the kitchen, only receiving a groan from the white haired weapon.

"Elizabeth and Patrica Thompson! You have slept in for 10 minutes longer than usual! It's 7:20AM. If you don't get up we will be late!" Kid yelled from the hall as he straightened his tie.

"Breakfast is ready!" Maka chirped as her partner slowly moved from his bed and to the table. His hair was droopy and his eyes were barely open.

"Girls!!" The reaper yelled as his fist met with their doors as he walked down the hall. 8 knocks on each of their doors. Upon hearing a moan from each of his weapons he stopped.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

"Good morning everyone!" Lord Deaths' chipper voice boomed over the intercom system of the DWMA. "It is currently 8AM, you have 20 minutes remaining before classes begins!"

"See Soul, it was worth waking up early today. Now we have time before class." Maka said with a wide grin, holding her books to her chest.

"Yeah, yeah." A yawn came from the albino weapons lips. "I just wish I could have stayed in bed longer. It's not cool to wake a guy up like that." He grumbled.

"I woke you up using food as a bribe." Maka said as her smile vanished.

"...Exactly, you can't expect me to stay in bed when there's food." He said with a worthless pout. Maka brought her hand to cover her mouth as she laughed.

"You're a lazy bum!" She exclaimed as she walked blindly. She didn't see Ox's foot slide out into her way. But it soon caused her to fall. Her body was thrust forward and was coming down, only to be met with a pair of arms that caught her before she met her doom.

"My, my. Mrs. Albarn you are quite the klutz today." Death The Kid said with a grin. Liz and Patty stood behind him, one with a knowing smile, the other with a cheeky grin. Though, Maka's face quickly grew to a shade of deep red. She breathed only to get a whiff of his deadly scent.

"Ah... No no I was tripped! I'm not a klutz!" Words spewed from her lips as she pushed herself away from him. She kept her head hung to hide her face behind a curtain of hair. Soul chuckled, resulting in a fist to his gut.

"I see, and as a result of your precise nature you were thrust, face first into my chest. Am I correct?" The reaper noted with a teasing tone.

"Not. Cool." Soul coughed the words out.

"Well ya know, maybe if you were more sensitive to a girls feelings~" Liz purred.

"Kyahahahaha SOUL DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TREAT A LAAAAAADY!" Patty busted out laughing, continuing her mocking as Liz walked off with Soul under her arm. Maka tried to follow along but Kid stood in her way.

"I... I apologize Maka, I have no ill will towards you or anything of the sort..." He swallowed hard. Just remember the plan and you'll be fine. Liz said that this was sure to work.

"Kid, lets just go to class." The meister responded as her eyes narrowed at the reaper.

"Actually, I have a pass for the both of us... may we speak in private?" Kid gave a nervous smile as he pulled two blue papers, one from each pocket and they had Hall Pass written on them, on one had his own name and the other, Maka's. The meister gave a pout and reluctantly replied.

"Alright... Just don't pull anything weird..." She grumbled. The halls were empty and the bell rang through the empty halls... Once the bell silenced the only sounds that could be heard were faint adult voices and the clicking of heels on tile. The two walked from hall to hall until they were outside at the highest balcony, looking over the city. "Kid... What's the point of this?" The meister asked as she set her books down on the ground.

"I..." the reaper swallowed hard. "I simply wanted to ask you something..." He spoke softly, with caution.

"What on earth would you have to ask me in private? Kid, I realize you are formal and all but not everything has to be done like this. Not everything has to be treated as a serious matter." The strawberry blond explained.

Screw the plan.

"I like you." The reaper blurted out with his fists clenched and his head hung. "I like you. Is that okay?" He asked in a weak voice. "You are beautiful and strong. Never have I been so captivated by a lady..." He swallowed hard and ran his fingertips through his hair. "I wanted to ask you in private because of this, Maka. I don't want you to feel guilty and say yes just because there are others around. I... I really like you... I just didn't want to embarrass you. Or myself." He muttered. He left the meister staring blankly. Emerald green eyes wide and a shaking form.

He just confessed... to me... he likes me... The female could only stare. She didn't even think about it. She took a step towards him. "I... I..." she wanted so badly to say she liked him as well. Oh Kami she wanted to. But within an instant of her starting to speak. Memories of her childhood. Her lying cheating papa. She looked at Kid and it was like seeing him one moment and the next her father. Her mind was doing it again. It was registering all men as filthy pigs. She looked at him with a sad smile. "I'm sorry Kid. But I can't. I rather not date. I have to worry about school. It's fine if you like me. I just don't feel the same. That's all." She said softly. She lied. Her heart was breaking. The female meister had been waiting for him to ask her out. She had practically been praying for it and yet.. there they were, alone. The reaper who had thrown his heart out for her and the meister who was too foolish to accept.

"...Is that the truth?" He asked as he looked at her with sad eyes. "You really don't feel the same?" He almost sounded broken.

Please don't look at my soul. She felt a war within her. A battle of her mind and heart. Her heart wanting to say No I actually really like you and would love to be with you! And a mind that said Men are foul creatures who do nothing but break hearts lie. And she didn't know what to listen to. "Yes." She said blankly. "May I please have my pass now so I can return to class." The meister kept her head hung as she picked her books up off the ground.

"Of.. course." The reaper said near silently. His hand slid into his right pocket and pulled the slip out with her name. He held it out for her and sighed. "I apologize Maka... I suppose I should have kept that to myself." He said as Maka took the slip from his hand. A tear ran down the female meisters cheek.

"Yeah... you probably should have." She mumbled as she took off running. Down the hall, her arm met with her eyes that were leaking. I'm so stupid! I want to be with him! Why did I say no?! What's wrong with me? Her foot steps were heavy as she ran down the halls. She almost went to class but avoided the door, rather she went to her hiding spot near the non-eat class training rooms. She sat on the ground shaking as she tried to suppress her pitiful tears. He is better off with a different girl anyways. Someone like Liz... not me... I'm not worth it. Who would ever like a girl like me?

Apparently, he did.