Prologue

"Wendy, run away with me. I know it sounds crazy, don't you see what you do to me...."

Wendy didn't agree to stay in Neverland. Not at first.
The Darlings and the lost boys stayed in the Darling household for two years. In those two years, Peter made frequent visits- frequent enough that he even aged himself!
By the time Wendy turned thirteen, Peter had grown to be fourteen. On the night of her thirteenth birthday, Peter visited. "Got you a present," he said sitting cross legged on her bed. "Oh, Peter!" Wendy's face lit up. "You shouldn't have...
She unwrapped the leaf wrapping paper, carefully setting it aside. Inside, there was a flower, looking very similar to a rose. It was a soft, pale blue color.
"It's one of a kind," Peter said. "And it's special. It has the same magic of Neverland; it will never die." Wendy lifted it to her face. The aroma brought memories flooding to her mind; it smelled of the lagoon.
"Oh, Peter," she said softly. "It's lovely." He beamed. "Like you." He hadn't even processed the words before he opened his mouth- he felt his face flush. "Wendy, I-"
Just then, all six former lost boys plus Michael and John burst into the room. There was quite a commotion on seeing Peter.
By the time everyone had settled down, Peter and Wendy had drifted back toward eachother. They sat on the floor beside the fireplace.
"Peter, there's something I need to tell you," Wendy began. She looks nervous, he thought. "I want to come back to Neverland."
He was shocked. "You do?!" He cleared his throat, trying to contain his excitement. "You do?" Peter looked at Wendy with wide eyes. "If you'd allow it." Her eyes were almost pleading.
"If you'd like-sure- do the boys want to?" He stammered. "I can tell, they do. I don't think they were prepared for the stress and struggles of everyday life."
Peter stood up, feeling confident. "Who wants to go to Neverland?" He announced.