Chapter Fifteen

status// unedited
♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️

♠️️Thomas' POV♠️

Me and Newt have actually been hanging out a lot lately.

Well, really, when I say me and Newt, I mean me, Newt and Minho, Alby, Teresa, and a very angered Gally.

Everytime me and Newt seem to get a few seconds alone, he makes an excuse to leave, and then just goes.

Tonight we're all meant to be going to the cinema, to see Inside Out, (wasn't my idea, trust me, it was Teresa's).

I get an incoming text from Minho and sigh.

Min;- Sorry. Can't come anymore. Mums lost the plot, I'm "grounded," who even grounds their teenage son these days?!?!? Sorry buddy.

I text back that it's fine and then hear a knock on the door.

"Tom!" Teresa says and I grit my teeth. "I just came to say I can't come tonight. I, er, I'm busy," She says.

I roll my eyes and shut the door in her face. I couldn't care less if she couldn't come or not. But two people backing out? That's a little fishy.

Newt texts me and my face glows.

Newt<3; Alby broke his arm and is in hospital and Gally's with him. They won't be able to come.

I reply back instantly. Ignoring the fact I still hadn't took the heart out of Newt's name. I couldn't, I wouldn't.

Me; wow. T and Min just told me they couldn't come as well. erg. Guess tonight's off then. :/

Newt<3; u n me could just go, yano? We're meant to be doing the friends thing aren't we?

I blush and ignore the fact that he wants to see me. Alone.

Me; yeah ok. See you soon then?

Newt<3; on my way now : - )

Newt and his stupid smiley faces.

Minutes later I hear a knock on the door, Newt smiles at me and I return it.

"You ready?" He says and I nod and we leave to go to the cinema.

When we get there we had over our tickets and go straight in. Cinema food is overrated and expensive, I think to myself.

We sit down, me on the end of a row, Newt next to me.

Throughout the whole film, I just watch him. The way his face moves and his body language. It's so pathetic but I can't look away.

"Thomas." Newt says turning to me. "Film," He adds moving his gaze back to the screen.

He hasn't said a lot to me since we've been here. Or interacted with me a lot.

By the end of the film. Newt's crying. He's trying to hide it, but I know he is, and I can't deny that I'm emotional as well. We leave and I pull him closer to me. I reaches for his hand out of habit  and then pull away.

"Sorry," I mutter.

Newt just nods in agreement.

"We should do this again sometime," Newt says out of the blue.

"With the others next time," I say laughing and his facial expression changes.

"I er. I meant, just erm, kinda us?" He says looking at the floor, embarrassed.

"Oh okay," I say cracking a small smile. "I'd like that. I thought you didn't want to be alone with me," I admit biting my bottom lip.

"I do Tommy. It's just. I can't be alone with you," He says sighing.

"Then why did you ask me for it to happen another time!?" I say almost bitterly.

Newt looks annoyed.

"Because. I need you, Tommy. No matter how much I hate you right now, and hate me. I NEED YOU,MOR--" He says annoyed. I've heard enough, I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

He pushes me away.

"Don't," He says. A tear rolling down his cheek.

"But I thought--" I start but he cuts me off.

"Just don't Thomas! I thought we agreed on just friends!" He says.

"So did I, so did I.." I say trailing off.

️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️♣️♠️

Hello again my lovelies! Did ya miss me. I hope you all enjoyed this very short chapter. It's still slow updates because I'm still not great so sorry but I hope you still read this anyway :)

Much love x

-char x