The Break-In

A/N: here's the latest chapter for you guys. It's just gone under some major editing so hopefully there will be no mistakes!

Eva's POV

I woke up at 3 PM in the afternoon. Everyone else was still sleeping so I crept to the kitchen. I looked in the fridge, we had run out of food again. I went into the supermarket for some more supplies. I took my rucksack with me so I could take anything without having any trouble carrying it.

I got some bread, ham, crisps, energy bars, chocolate bars, juice cartons, some dried fruit as all of the fresh fruit had gone mouldy and out of date by then.

I walked to the end of aisle 6 close to the glass wall where the doors were. I was about to round the corner when I heard a loud crack. Then another. Then another.

I slowly turned around to see the whole entire glass side of the building surrounded by walkers. They were banging on the glass.

"No...no, no, please no..." I whispered to myself. I froze and just stared at the scene in front of me.

Crack. Crack.

I could see the visible crack forming on the glass, branching into other small cracks.

Crack. Crack. Crack.

It fell silent.

My breathing was deep and it was all I heard in that second.

All of a sudden the whole wall of glass shattered. And there was only one way it was gonna fall.

I backed away but wasn't quick enough. 

A single piece of glass fell and cut my cheek, just below my eye. I felt the warm blood run down my cheek.

I fell to the floor, my arms over my head to protect it. I heard the glass crash all around me and felt it hit my back like daggers.

"AGH"! I screamed in pain.

I didn't want to but I knew I had to move. I lifted my head and turned to see the walkers entering the building. I felt all of their demonic eyes on me. They were heading for me.

I groaned in pain as I stood up but one of the things grabbed my ankle.

I screamed and tried to shake my leg so it would let go. It wouldn't.

I felt my arm being pulled also as well as my other leg. There were too many of them. And there were hundreds behind them.

"EVA"!

Harry's POV

I heard the shattering of glass. I was half asleep, not knowing dream from reality. I was probably just imagining things.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"!

I sat up trying to come to my senses. I definitely didn't imagine that! My vision came into focus and reality came back to me.

I looked around the room. Eva was gone. And it was a girl that screamed. Oh my God.

I grabbed my knife and stood up dizzily when I bumped into someone.

Niall looked at me with panic in his eyes. He rushed out of the room with me hot on his tail.

He stopped dead in his tracks and I almost bumped into him again.

I saw it too. The hoards of walkers that had broken into the building.

He kept running - checking every aisle. I realised he also had his knife - thank God!

We got to aisle 6 and Niall skidded to a halt. I looked down the aisle and saw Eva at the end of it fighting off about four walkers at once. She was on her back with her head on the ground as if she was about ready to give up. They were closing in on her - almost on top of her!

She had her hands out in front of her holding one zombie inches from her face, her left and right feet pressed against two different walkers and every so often kicking another away.

I saw the anger flicker in Niall's eyes. I had never seen him like this. He looked like he was about to explode.

"EVA"! He shouted and most of the walkers looked up.

He sprinted towards the scene. I felt it right that I help them so I ran after him.

Niall kicked the walker that was right on top of her off and knifed it in the head. He then went for the zombie to her right and did the same thing.

I did the same for her left. The problem was every time we moved one. Another would appear in its place. Niall seemed to have the same idea so he grabbed Eva's underarms and pulled her away whilst I tried to keep the hoard back.

He stood her up but her legs wobbled as if she had lost all energy.

"Niall...I'm...I'm fine" she mumbled but then collapsed only to be caught by Niall.

"Shit! She fainted." Niall cursed as he lifted her into a bridal lift.

"Harry, come on"! He shouted. I quickly grabbed Eva's rucksack from the ground and followed him as we sprinted back to the staff room.

Louis had just come out with his knife. "What's going on"? He asked and his eyes flashed with panic when he saw Eva unconscious in Niall's arms.

"We have to go" I shouted and we ran back into the staff room. Liam and Tim looked ready to leave as if they'd just assumed what had happened.

"Back door"! Liam shouted and we all headed for it. But it was too late. The walkers were already too close and were blocking our path.

"Window"! Niall shouted so we all ran back into the staff room and opened the big window. I climbed out first and gestured for Niall to pass me Eva. He did so very quickly then made sure everyone else was out before he went himself. He only narrowly escaped.

"Is Eva OK"? Timmy asked and Liam squeezed his hand tightly.

"She's going to be just fine Tim, don't worry." Liam comforted and we started moving.

"We need to find somewhere safe - a house"? Louis suggested.

"We need to just get out of this town altogether" I reasoned and everyone agreed.

"But the towns packed, how are we supposed to get out"? Niall asked.

"We need to find a car"!

A/N: I hope you enjoyed :)

Please comment and vote if you did, that would be great thanks :D