Prologue

The small cracking sound of wood beneath a boot seemed to disturb the death like silence of the forest. Breathing that was once calm, now hitched as the little sound seemed to bounce through the silence like a flood. The figure froze in its place for a long moment as a reaction or result was awaited from the foolish footstep.

But no following sound came. Only the death like silence once again took place of the crack. A long relieved breath escaped the cracking lips of the man and he again resumed his walking. But he got no more than three feet forward when a knife was sent whizzing through the air just to lodge itself into the exact center of the mans back...

Slowly, a woman stepped from her hiding place behind a tree and out to where the man had been killed. She bent down, pulling her knife from the mans back in one swift movement. She never once faltered or grimaced as she finished the dirty job. Her eyes of pure silver were empty of any and every emotion.

Without a single flinch or twitch she pulled her sword from its sheath and separated the mans head from his neck. "I'm sorry you were the victim... But I think you honestly deserved it..." She mumbled quietly as she walked away from the dead body, the mans head tucked neatly beneath her arm.

Note: This story is set after the time of the fight for Middle Earth, after the battle of the Lord of the Rings. Some of the characters that may have perished in the book may possibly still live in this fan fiction. Most all events will follow along perfectly with the writing of J.R.R Tolkien. Please excuse any typos.
Happy reading lovelies.