Chapter One

Scorpious POV
I woke up this morning to an owl tapping on my window. Rose's owl. I untied the small note from her leg and gently pet her on the head. She turned and flew away. I opened the note with tiny neat handwriting scrawled on it. ' Today's the day ' was all it said. Bloody hell. Was it September first already? I looked at the clock on my bedside table. It was 9:00! I'm going to miss the bloody train! I thundered down the stairs and found my dad reading the daily prophet in the living room. " Morning sleeping beauty. " he chuckled. Ugh how could he be making jokes at a time like this? "Dad we're going to miss the train come on!"all he did was laugh and walk into the kitchen. I could hear him pouring coffee into Mason jars and rummaging in the cabinets. "Well I sure hope you not going in just your boxers." He came back into the living room and handed me a Mason jar of coffee and one of my mums homemade blueberry granola bars and shooed me upstairs. I packed my trunk and changed into a dark green sweater and jeans. I put my snow owl Api in her cage and carried her and my trunk down the stairs.
"Ready to go Scorp?" My dad asked ruffling my hair. I sighed and picked up my trunk and owl cage.