1 || Wedding Bells

❝ And you walked away and I walked away, we should've stayed baby .❞ 

-

Wardell . . .

"Are you almost here?"

Klay's voice whined through my phone as I turned the exit onto the highway.

"Almost, as in 10 minutes. Yeah."

I chuckled, slowly stepping on the gas to my car. You would think he was dying.

"Look man, you know how impatient she is. Everyone is almost here, damn hurry."

Rolling my eyes, at his comment. He was whipped as hell I swear, shaking my head as I turned into East Bay Church. The California heat immediately hit me as I stepped onto the parking lot. Walking through the front church doors. Commotion automatically filled the building as I spotted no one other then Emerald, accompanied by the vast majority of her family.

"Steph! Where have you been? We are going live dammit, live Steph live. This is my wedding!"

Scratching her hair as she tapped both my shoulders I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, bridezilla at her best was out.

"Emerald, it's your first wedding rehearsal. Of 3, which is another thing why're you having 3 wedding rehearsals?"

Looking around between the bridesmaids and flower girls I almost laughed knowing Klay had to sit down and help pick out all the little details of the upcoming event.

"Because, 3 times a charm. Wheres Klay? Klay! Steph I need you to find Klay."

And with that she was gone, simultaneously I also felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around to face my friend and teammate, Klay. Tiredness and nervousness loomed on his face as he spoke.

"How nice of you to make it Curry, I mean it's just my wedding. And you're just my best man no need to be on time."

He spoke as Emerald made her way back over. Love was definitely in the air, that and chaos.

"There you are, we're starting so you and your best man need to get in place. We're gonna practice the walk in first guys."

Looking around at the groomsmen, consisting of myself, Klay's brothers Mychel and Trayce, and Draymond. As they began to match themselves up with Emerald's bridesmaids.

"Emerald, who's your maid of honor anyways?"

Squirming my eyebrows as I looked between both her and Klay who seemed to shift in moods.

"My maid of honor? She's late."

Twiddling with her fingers as she shuffled away to talk to the priest. Suspension started creeping into my mind as I notice Klay look around.

"Alright cut to it. What's going on Thompson?"

Crossing my arms as I step into my place in line behind him. I swear him and Emerald were partners in crime.

"Look, it wasn't my idea. But I mean they're bestfriends what was I suppose to do? I -"

Cutting him off I spoke.

"Klay, what're you even talking about right now slow down damn."

Shaking my head waiting for him to begin again.

"Emerald's maid of honor may or may not be, Skye."

As soon as the words came out his mouth I wanted them to go back in. 

"Nope. Not doing this." 

Raising my hands in defense I marched toward the exit, grabbing my keys out my pocket. 

"Steph, c'mon man how're you just gonna leave me on my wedding?" 

Sighing , I turned around.

"First of all, it's you wedding rehearsal. Second you and I both know I can't be here wit-"

Before I cold finish I was cut off by a familiar voice.

"With me right?" 

Turning around to meet the sarcastic voice of none other than,

Skye Warden.