2 || Cue

"Lately it's been heavy on my mind, you know.

I feel like we ain't give each other time to grow."

- -

A tense feeling settled in the air as the two looked at each other.

Eyes locked.

It had been a whole year since they had last seen one another.

A whole year since she left him there, alone.

Steph's jaw clenched as he pulled Klay to the side.

"Why didn't you tell me this shit before?"

Anger and frustration settled down on the young man's face as he looked over his friend.

Sending him an awkward smile Klay shrugged his shoulders.

"Because if I would of told you, you wouldn't of come."

Klay scratched the back of his neck as he heard Curry suck his teeth.

Muttering 'fuck' under his breath the hazel eye man glanced over at Skye who had Emerald backed into a corner . .

"Why didn't you tell me this shit before?"

Alarmed and flustered the young woman brushed some her out her face waiting for an answer.

"You know damn well, if I would of told you Steph was going to be here your ass would never have gotten off the plane!"

Snapping back Emerald huffed, the future bride becoming even more frustrated than she was before adding Steph - Skye drama.

"Emerald, listen to the words that are about to come out my mouth."

Taking a breathe she spoke very slowly.

"I will not, I repeat not, stand next to him, breathe the same air as him, sit in the same room as him, I will no-"

Emerald held her finger up cutting over her maid of honor.

"Unless you want to ruin the best day of my life. You will stand next to him, you will walk in with him for my wedding's sake. And you two will fucking act like you're happy as shit to be in this wedding together or so help me Skye Warden I will never talk to you again."

Crossing her arms with her eyes furrow she turned her back retreating into the main room to begin the wedding rehearsal.

Turning around she spotted the 6 foot frame man standing in his spot in front of the rest of the wedding party line.

Taking a breath she straightened her shirt and headed to her position next to him.

The two shifted uncomfortably, before he finally broke the awkward silence.

"So, quite the predicament."

Steph leaned back and forth between the heels of his feet.

Biting her bottom lip she contemplated even speaking, before deciding to just respond.

"Quite."

She tucked some hair behind her ear, wondering what was taking so long for their cue to go in.

A sarcastic chuckle rolled off his lips, mixed with that and agitation.

"A whole year, and all I can get out of you is, 'quite'. Interesting."

Sensing the vibe around them change Skye fed off of it exchanging remarks.

"What else do you except for me to say? We have nothing to talk about."

Crossing her arms over her chest, she could practically feel the eye roll coming on.

"I don't know, 'Hey Steph, wow it's been a while since I last saw you and left you in the fucking airport to go live out the country. How's life treating you?"

He gazed over at her, shaking his head.

"Oh God, it's been a whole year get over it."

She tapped her foot, trying to hide the small guilt she did feel.

He stepped in front of her, getting close.

"You didn't even care."

They looked between each other, almost exchanging memories.

She bit her lip, she felt her breath hitch as his eyes looked over her. Not having him this close in so long sent her emotions rolling.

For him not having her this close in so long made him crazy.

So they just stood there for a second.

Studying each other's features, the ones they hadn't seen in so long along with the new ones.

Feeling her heart pound she pushed him to the side, recomposing herself.

"I still don't."

Lies.

And there was their  cue.

- -

Things got more spicy toward the end. Took me a moment to get in the mood.

If I start another Curry book who would read?

I'd still continue this one.

I'll update soon. 10+ Comments please?

Comment, leave your thoughts. Vote please.

Thanks!