t h r e e

michael clifford _ age 24 [ seattle, washington]

[ 6 years before ]

" no you aren't. you're just saying that to make me stay." he rolled his eyes.

"why would i lie about this?!" she cried, afraid to look him in the eye. "i went and got three tests in a row. they're all positive."

"i don't believe you, judy." he said coldly. she hated when he called her judy, it was like when your mother called you by your full name. it sounded cold and angry.

"it's your baby!"

"the stupid baby doesn't exist! goodbye, judy."

[ the present ]

"you told her that the baby didn't exist? why would you do that?" calum asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"i was in denial. i was so angry towards the situation that i didn't even consider her telling the truth a possibility until a year later." he confessed.

"so why didn't you go looking for her back then? why five years later when your kid is pretty much grown up?" calum said, frustrated.

"i was guilty. i figured judy didn't want me there and our kid probably wouldn't either. i also didn't want to be wrong.." michael sighed.

calum wasn't quite satisfied with his answer, but gave him a paper nonetheless. "there are about 2,000 judy's in the US alone, but there aren't many judy kites in the world. there's a 36 year old judy kites in london, a 13 year old in new zealand, a 5 year old in tennessee and the list goes on."

"keep looking, mr. hood." he sighed, standing up to flatten his suit, and he stepping his way to the elevator to go back to his million dollar office.

but with all his money, he couldn't ever repay judy the pain he must've put her through.