three - room 524.

"You told me that if I killed the man I could be with Samantha!" Johnny yelled at Satan.

"I believe I told you that you could see her... which you did."

"This is bullshit! You tricked me!"

"Well... noone ever said the devil was trustworthy."

"So that's it? You just lie and still expect me to be a servant to you? Yeah, no thanks." He started to walk away but Satan stopped him.

"Sorry kid, but last time I checked? You made a deal with me. No backing out now."

"I trusted you! How could you do this?!"

"Don't ever the devil bitch."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guards, line up. The Runaways won't leave Samantha in here when they know he was with the blonde one. So we'll be expecting visitors."
Satan said to his rows of minions.

Johnny was pacing back and forth trying to figure our just what was happening. He was irritating Satan with how many questions he was asking.

"Look, do you know why I gave you this deal for your life back?" Satan finally said. "I saw potential in you. If you became my head guard, you'd have more power than them all."

"You'd make me your head guard?" Johnny was a little flattered.

"I like how determined you are. That's a good quality to have in a guard, especially a head one."

"What is the difference between a regular and your head guard? What would I be doing differently? Would I still have to kill people?"

"Occasionally... but not as often as you would have as a regular guard. You'd be my personal assistant. You'd help me make decisions, do more important tasks."

Johnny had a lot of thoughts going through his head. Whether this was a good idea or a bad idea, whether or not this was another one of  Satan's tricks.

"You would become very powerful. The most powerful thing in Hell, aside from me, of course. Oh... and one more thing... you'll be in charge of injecting the mind control serum into runaways' necks."

"Hm... seems easy enough."

"Yes well... as you know, Samantha was with a runaway..."

"The man I killed was a runaway?"

"Indeed. And since Samantha was with him... we have to put her on the serum for treason."

"What? You're saying I'd have to make her your slave?"

"If you want all the power that comes from becoming my head guard.."

Johnny was hesitant. "Where is she?"

"Cell 524 in the dungeon. Here, take this." Satan handed Johnny a needle with what Johnny assumed was the mind control serum."

"Where do I inject this into again?"

"The back of the neck..."

Johnny started walking. When he finally reached the stairs that led down to the cold, dark, dungeon, he was very anxious to see Samantha. He walked down the long hall that had cells on each side. He heard captured runaways beg for their freedom. He counted down the cells leading to hers. 521...522... 523... 524.

He was so nervous by this point. Samantha had not known Johnny was back alive. How would she react? He peered through the bars at the top of the door. He saw her. Just as beautiful as he remembered. She was sitting against the wall on the floor. She was just staring at the wall ahead.

"Samantha?" Johnny said nervously.

Samantha looked up. her face turned pale white. She looked like she had seen a ghost. Well, technically she had. She slow stood up trying to keep her balance. She rubbed her eyes probably because she thought she was streaming.

"J-Johnny?! Is that you?!"

"It's me Sam..."

Tears came to her eyes. "It can't be you! You died! I went to your funeral! I cried for months! How is this possible?!"

"Samantha, I did die... But I'm back now. Thanks to Satan."

"You sold your soul?!?!"

"I did. And now I have to serve him unless I want to be dead again."

"Why did you leave me? Did you not care that I cried for five goddamn months straight? Did you not care that I ached for you?! You broke my heart! And now that you're alive again, you're just going to come back into my life? Just when I was starting to get over you."

"I'm sorry, Samantha! I never wanted to hurt you. I myself was hurting too much. I couldn't stand it."

"What happened that you couldn't talk it through with me? I was there for you! You left me with nothing but guilt for not helping you. I felt it was my fault."

"It was not your fault, Sam. I just don't feel like talking about this. I'm back now."

"Okay, Johnny... I love you."

Johnny knew he wouldn't be able to inject her with the serum. He was too much of a coward.

He opened the door to her cell. He pulled her into a long hug. He pressed his chin into her shoulder. He smelled her nice-smelling hair.
"I love you too." He whispered into her ear before stabbing the needle into the back of her neck.