Chapter 9

Chapter 9

But that all changed when she met Greg and her friends.

They helped her open up to people and learn to mingle. That night she slept thinking about Paul. She is really firm in her decision to forget about Paul but she cannot help herself to worry why he seemed sad today. She slept that night with that in mind.

Morning came, she got herself ready for school today and was about to start for school when she saw Greg.

"Good Morning " Greg said to her. He was in his car, getting ready to go to work when he saw her walk out of the house.

"Morning" Johanna said

"Hop in, I'll drive you to school."

She got in and Greg started the car. They were silent for a while.

"So how are you doing now?" Johanna started to talk.

"I'm fine, getting used to the nine to five working schedule" Greg said then laugh.

"That's good to hear. You look nice in suits. You look really matured now." She said looking out the cars window.

"Is there a problem?" Greg asked her. He noticed her odd mood. She seemed sad.

"None" Johanna looked at him and smiled.

But Greg could see in her face some sadness. Her smile did not reach her eyes like the usual.

The next day her friends told her about what happened yesterday.

Paul gave Misty a bracelet but because of the teasing of her friends, she didn't like the gift and said nasty comments about it - So that was why Paul was so unhappy yesterday. Hearing this Johanna didn't notice a teardrop scape her eyes. She was angry at him yet still she felt sad for him; her friends didn't see her cry.

They went to their classroom and she noticed that Paul wasn't around he didn't attend class today. Her friends look at her.

"Don't worry about him. He'll be alright. Don't think about him" They all advised her.

"I'm not worried about him. That's his karma! He deserved that! hmpf" She said but looked away from her friends. She just said those to stop them from talking about Paul.

They exchanged glances and kept quiet. The day ended with no glimpse of Paul.

At home, her mom is in the kitchen preparing their food for dinner. Johanna arrived and kissed her mom to greet her.

"What's for dinner?" Johanna asked

"Adobo" her mom replied, and continued talking about how her day had been.

Johanna just let her mom talk. She knows her mom too well not to interrupt her when she is talking.

"I almost forgot, I saw Paul's mother at the grocery and we had a little chat. She told me Paul is courting someone but the other day, he went home crying and told her mom about what happened."

Johanna felt uneasy in her chair, she does not want to hear what her mom was about to tell.

She fought the urge to leave the kitchen because she does not want her mom to think the she still likes Paul. Almost all her elementary classmates know that she has a crush on Paul when they were in elementary same as her mom and Paul's mom. Odd as it may seem but her mom and Paul's mom got along way back then not like her and Paul. Who fight and argue whenever they were together

Because of her mom she knew what happened. His mom told her mother that Paul had saved all his allowance just to buy a bracelet, the bracelet which he had given to Misty.

She really felt sad for him. She excused herself in the kitchen after she finished her meal.

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. hope you find time to read my other story.

THANKS <3