3: Can't Help Falling in Love

Draco
~•~

"Malfoy, there's something I needed to ask you."

"What is it, Potter? And hurry up with it, or we'll be late for Potions."

"Well..."

"Out with it! I haven't time to wait!"

"Will... Will you go out with me?"

"What?! Like on- like, on a date?!"

"Never mind. I shouldn't have asked. It was a ridiculous idea."

"Oh, what're you on about? You'd better make it a good date, Potter."

"Is... Is that a yes?"

"What d'you think it is? Imbecile."

-

"Potter, where in blazes are we headed?"

"You'll see!" He flashes a bright smile at me as he drags me further. It's dark, but I can see enough to know we're headed somewhere we shouldn't be.

"Potter, that is called the Forbidden Forest for a reason, you know. The main reason being that we're forbidden to go in there."

"Just trust me, all right?"

"When have I ever trusted you for anything?"

"You trusted me enough to go on a date with me." He does have a point.

"True. But what kind of date involves going in the Forbidden Forest?"

"The good kind."

I don't much like going in the Forbidden Forest. I doubt anyone does. It always gives me the creeps, this place. I swear, it seems like the forest itself is watching me, and all the noises I hear are monsters preparing to attack. I can't help but shudder. Harry looks back at me and smirks.

"Scared, Malfoy?" I smile at him.

"You wish."

We walk on a little farther and come to a small clearing. It's beautiful in the night. Moonlight filtering through the trees tinges everything with a silver glow. Faeries float past us, making there own beautiful light.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"Dating," Harry replies simply.

"In the Forbidden Forest."

"Yes."

"And what exactly does one do on a date in the Forbidden Forest?"

"I dunno." Harry shrugs. "I honestly didn't think I'd get this far."

"So you're completely unprepared."

"Basically, yes."

"What're we supposed to do, then?" This idiot.

"Well, we could maybe talk to each other."

"Why would I want to talk to you?"

"You are on a date with me, you know."

"Oh, I'm well aware. It's just that now we're here, in a terrifying monster-forest, with nothing to do."

"You're scared of the Forbidden Forest?" Shit. No getting out of this one.

"Yes," I reply after a considerable amount of silence. "You know the kinds of creatures that live here."

"Of course I do, but we're wizards. There's no reason to be afraid of them."

"But without our magic, we're nothing and everything that lives in this forest knows that. If they can get our wands away from us, we're dead."

"If you'd leave them alone - and not call some of them stupid oafs - you might just find that they'll leave you alone."

"Hey, that's not fair!"

"How isn't it fair? You did insult him." Harry laughs. He may be laughing at me, but I've never heard him laugh before - it's quite nice - so I'll let it slide for now.

"You're laughing at me; don't laugh at me!" Damn, now I'm laughing, too.

"You're laughing with me. You can't call me out on it."

We keep talking. Not about anything in particular, it turns more to everything under the sun. I can't remember a time I ever smiled this much.

It's nice to be able to relax. Harry's nice to talk to. It finally dawns on me that I don't have to be jealous of Weasley anymore. Harry doesn't want him. Harry might actually want to be with me.