The Night of Return

After having been in the red sea for over 50 years, the blue humanoid shark wasn't himself. His younger, much shorter girlfriend, Wadanohara, had been worrying about him ever since their 30 minute hug on the harbour broke apart.

Sitting together on the sofa of Wadanohara's house, Samekichi leaned his head back. He'd never felt so fulfilled and relaxed in his entire life.

"Samekichi..? You seem quiet, are you okay?" Wadanohara asked him quickly in a genuine worried tone.

"I'm fine. I'm- ...just-" and, with that, his head fell right down to the side and rested on his girlfriend's shoulder. She shot up, panicking and shaking him.

"Samekichi?! W-What happened??" She looked straight into his eyes, her eyebrows curled into a worried expression.

"Tired... Haven't slept.. well... for 50 yea-" and he fell asleep again.

'Oh yeah.

There must have been almost nowhere to stay and to sleep in that place. He must have just slept whenever he passed out. It was likely horrible for him... I bet he feels like he could sleep for weeks, maybe even months. We'll see when he wakes up.'

~Next morning, after moving Samekichi into her bed~

Wadanohara woke up really late. Perhaps she was just comfortable having Samekichi next to her. By late, I mean about 12:30PM. Wow. Samekichi was still out like a log though. He most definitely wouldn't be waking up any time soon.