Chapter 3

Amber's Thoughts

'It had been two weeks since Anabell had gotten taken in the ambulance. I am worried so much. You would think her best friend would be able to see her but NO! They said I had to wait a month before I am allowed a visit. I couldn't even get information out of them. Damn nurses.'

'These couple of weeks without Anabell have been terrible. But on the bright side, I got to talk to Daniel more. I figured out so much about him. How about the fact that he has like Anabell for the past two years! I never would have suspected a thing. Well, I guess that was his goal. Most of the time the two of us would talk to each other between classes. I can see the worried face he has on every day. I used to think he was a good-for-nothing jerk but now I just feel sorry. He just seems so gloomy lately. And really, no one can help him. I promised myself that the first chance I got, I was taking the both of us to see Anabell. He doesn't deserve this. No one really does.'

---------------------------------------------

Amber's P.O.V.

One day while walking home from school, I saw that my mom's car was in the driveway. 'That's funny,' I thought. My mom did the same thing as Anabell's mom and last time I checked, they didn't have the day off. I walked into the house calling out, "Mom! Mom! Where are you?"

My mom's reply came instantly, "In the living room, Amber!"

I walked into the living room to see a very happy Mrs. Philmore.

"Why are you home? And why are you smiling like a figgin idiot?"

"I came home early when I got a call at work. It was from the hospital. They said that Anabell could receive visitors. I thought you might want to see her so I took the rest of the day off."

"What!?! Really! I got to call Daniel. We have to bring him. Be right back mom."

I grabbed my cell and was running out of the room. I turned back and ran to my mom giving her a big hug and said, "Thanks mom. Love you."

---------------------------------------------

After calling Daniel, my mom had picked him up and headed to the hospital. We were so excited. It has been a month since we had seen Anabell and we missed her so much. When Daniel had gotten in the car, I instantly saw the change in him. He no longer had the sad look on his face and the bags under his eyes had decreased slightly. He really did want to see her.

When we asked the nurse where Anabell was, we were led through many corridors that twisted and turned all over the place. I leaned over to Daniel and whispered, "Lets hope we don't have to find our own way out of here, because I would never get out!"

"No kidding," was his reply.

When we reached Anabell's room, the nurse pushed the door open enough to fit her head into it. She asked Anabell a question and then a minute later emerged again and told us we could enter. Before going in, I was stopped by my mom who turned to me and said, "I will wait out here. When you are ready just come and get me."

" 'Kay, I will."

Entering the room first, I saw the delight in Anabell's face. The next second Daniel came in and Anabell's face dropped from happiness to disgust.

"Why the hell did you bring him," she questioned in anger.

He replied smirking, "Well, arn't you glad to see me. For your information, Amber called me to come see you." The smile on his face made me want to slap him so hard that he would be red for a week.