Eleven // Don't Take Me To Church

A/N: It's one of my worse chapters but I'm tired and I needed to fill in time in the story and this is as good as I can do tonight. I hope you enjoy regardless. Happy reading! x

Eleven // Don't Take Me To Church

Jacob

Saturday used to mean early mornings, nice clothes and two hours in church listening to the pastor and getting scolded by my father to listen, instead of muck around with Royce or Luca. We always had sporting commitments on Sunday, so we went to the Saturday service instead.

Now, Saturday meant sleep ins, relaxing and homework, the former of which I never did. Today was no exception, as I rose bright and early at 6am. My body clock had already gotten used to school time so instead of sleeping in until seven, I woke an hour earlier.

From my bed I could see out of my window, where rain was pelting the street. It was heavy and like the rain we got in winter, except it was still humid.

I showered and threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, put my connies on and headed to my sister's room. She went to bed early last night with a headache and I was going to check on her, but had to drive Kaia home.

I knocked lightly on the door before entering, her blinds still pulled tightly closed. She was tangled in her covers and looked like she'd been restless all night, which was probably the case. I could barely see her open her eyes and then the small smile she showed.

"Hey," I whispered, sitting at the end of her bed. "How are you feeling?"

Her eyebrows furrowed as if she were confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Your headache from last night?"

"Oh," she paused, nodding as she pulled herself into a sitting position. "Right. Yeah. I'm good. Just tired, is all."

"Okay. Well I'm headed to Hayden's for the morning. You should get some more sleep if you can."

"I will. Thanks for checking up on me."

I stood up and walked over to her door. "No problem," I said, and then left.

Music was coming from the kitchen but it wasn't my mother's. It was rare anyone else was up this early and played music.

I got to the door and it clicked. It was Royce. The brother who was never home. It gave me a bit of a shock that both of my brothers were home last night, however one was a good shock and one was not. I wanted to punch Luca for how he was acting but Royce did it for me.

"Guten morgen," I greeted him, taking a seat on the stool at the counter.

He looked up from the book he was reading with a grin. "Good morning, little brother. I didn't get to talk to you when you got home. You were in such a rush to get upstairs," he mocked, closing the book and setting it aside. Instead of using bookmarks, he remembered the page number he was up to.

"With the lot of you in the living room, can you blame me?"

"No," he chuckled and stood up, making coffee. "Want one?"

"Please," I nodded and he flicked on the kettle. Instant coffee sucked shit, but I'd end up drinking only a few sips then getting a real one on the way to Hayden's.

"How was the party?"

I worked to put a smile on my face. After all, I had to convince him, along with the rest of my family, that I was falling for Kaia. "It was pretty damned awesome," I said, tapping my hands on the bench. "I asked Kaia to be my girlfriend."

TruceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara