Chapter 6

Felix's POV

By the time my parents got home it was 8:00. The California sky was dreamy, and Truman ordered his annual Friday night pizza.

"Felix, don't you do anything valuable with your time?" my mom asks in a frustrated tone.

Hmmm. "I was.... working on my chemistry project." I lied with a mischievous grin. She stared at me like she was expecting the truth to come out.

"Well... okay. How are you doing with school?"

All that hard work and it all came down to the truth? NO way that would happen any time soon.

"I'm doing.... uhh... great!" I lied again. And at this point, she would never find out. 

"Sooooo.... when will I expect a report card?" She tells me. I have a strong feeling she somehow knows.

"Any day now. Truman is uhhh... sending out by... last name order." How long can I actually pull this off?

"So you'll be waiting a while?"

Oh muh gah...

"Truman... he said the apostrophe would mess up the order."

"When are you going to do your chemistry project you told me about?"

Crap.

Crap.

Crap.

I never started that, so now I need an excuse.

Then it popped in my head.

"Uhhhh.... we did that in class."

"Well... okay!" I can't believe she doesn't notice.

24 hours later

Phew. Yesterday after my mom and dad got home, my mom started questioning me about when my report card should come in. The only choice for me is to hack into the school computers with Danny.

So then I message Danny.

Felix: I need help with something meet me at my house at 6.

Hopefully this works out.

And then the moment is ruined. 

Danny: If it's for another stupid prank, no.

Felix: I really need your help with my expulsion business.

Danny: Fine.