The Job

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking and alarms going off. Just a normal morning in Gotham City. Ever since I left the GCPD all I've been doing is trying to look for another job. I swear the GCPD hates me. I tackle one guy, I might have broken his arm and a few other things. Hey, it's tough living in Gotham. I have to carry a knife with me whenever I go to the grocery store.

So I'm at the local diner and I'm eating dinner. The local crowd is here. That creepy thug that for some reason never gets arrested. The neighbors. The old lady that lives next door. The- wait, here's a new face. A guy, with a suit and a hat. That's new, you never see someone like that around here. He seems to have taken out a bag, with something white in it. I immediately knew what it was, my police instincts kicked in and I ran after the guy. I chased him down a dark alley, I lost him. As I was walking back I heard a voice.

"James Erikson, Come with us"

For some reason I didn't get gagged or knocked out like most people would if they were in a dark alley. I saw a car pull up with several other men behind it. I clearly was outnumbered so i just went with them. We drove out of Gotham and took a drive to Metropolis I've never been there until now. I was brought into a garage and then into an elevator. I was deep underground, with a bunch of men in suits. A man with glasses came up to me.
"Hello James, welcome to the U.D.F. You have been recruited to join our special detective unit. This unit will go where superheroes can't always go, if they aren't there stopping crime, you are. You will be sent to Central City. You will work undercover to stop villains from committing crimes."
I immediately disagreed.
"Why not just put me in Gotham? It's where I live!"
The man laughed. "We already have enough agents in Gotham. You will be picked up tomorrow. Pack your belongings. We will give you the money to buy a house along with money to buy clothes, food and other things."
The man then gave me a black suit with a red and yellow striped tie.
"That is your central city uniform, only wear when you are working, now go home."
The men brought me back to my house and by the time I got in bed it was already 3:00 Am.
"Well shit"